Class of 2020 Profile
The Class of 2020 includes music makers, competitive swimmers, artists and philanthropists. One student is a member of the Jaguar football team who participated in a mission trip to the Bahamas while in high school. Another student is a two-time international representative at the International Science and Engineering Fair. This incoming freshman class is geographically diverse, and they join an impressive group of current students. #WeAreSouth
Class of 2020: More Facts
- Incoming freshman international students are from Canada, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Vietnam, China, Finland, and New Zealand and the United Arab Emirates.
- Highest number of students from states outside of Alabama are from: Mississippi and Florida.
The Class of 2020 Includes:
- A National Merit Scholar.
- A candidate for a black belt in Taekwondo.
- The winner of a Microsoft Office Specialist Expert competition.
- A future teacher overseas of English as a second language.
- A runner of five races at Disney World, two half marathons and three 10Ks.
- A welder who creates metal artwork.
- A student who has a younger and older brother who are autistic, and who he says have taught him a lot about patience.
- A triplet who is a member of the men’s track and field team.
- A women’s track and field member who helped raise funds for the March of Dimes to help premature babies.
- A member of the men’s track and field team helped lead Marietta High School to the Georgia state championship and the Marietta XC Club to the Nike Cross Nationals meet.
- A student who has studied ballet for 13 years.