University of South Alabama
Home Index Search Directories Faq
Physical Education Area V Required Courses
Transfer Articulation
  We appreciate your interest in the University of South Alabama (USA). USA is dedicated to making the transfer transition as easy as possible. As required by state law, USA will take your coursework as outlined on the AGSC Transfer Guide and graduate you with the same number of hours as our native students in the same major (assuming you do not change majors). If you have printed out an AGSC Approved Transfer guide for Physical Education, we would strongly recommend that you print this page and use it along with your AGSC guide. Our Colleges/Departments have chosen those courses which would best fit into USA's existing General Studies Program. To minimize transfer problems and best prepare you to finish your program in the minimum hours required, you should take courses as outlined below. Thanks again for choosing the University of South Alabama.  
Physical Education
Area V Professional Studies
Required Courses
  The following courses are required for the degree in Physical Education at the University of South Alabama. These courses are in addition to the courses listed on the STARS guide that you accessed. These courses fulfill degree requirements in Area V of the Alabama General Studies Core Curriculum and may be taken at your community college.  
  Please print these pages. Fill in your name, signature, and today's date. Attach these pages to your STARS articulation guide.  
Name (print): Last:
Signature:   ________________________________________________________
  Remember that although more than 60 semester hours may be taught at the freshman/ sophomore level and thus listed as possibilities on the STARS guides and this Area V page, you MAY NOT transfer more than 60 semester hours from a junior or community college. You should take no more than 60 semester hours at the two-year institution.  
  When you have finished reviewing these Area V requirements, please visit the University of South Alabama Undergraduate Admissions Page for more information about transferring to USA and applying to the University.  
  If the courses listed below are also listed in Area I-IV as options, you may fulfill these Area V requirements by taking the courses in Areas I-IV, thus taking fewer courses in Area V. This will reduce the total number of semester hours that you take and assist you in graduating from USA with the minimum120 hours required for the degree.  
  November 14, 2013 4:18 PM >
HS 170     HED 230    
HS 262     -or-      
BMD 114     HED 231    
PE 201    
PE 100     HED 221    
HS 263     -or-      
        HED 224    
PE 106    
PE 130     BIO 201    
PE 101-157 (no more that 2 hours)  
      PED 200    
      PED 100    
        HEC 140    
        PED 113    
        PED 114    
        PED 116    
        PED 117    
        PED 140    
        PED 141    
      PED Activity (2 different PE activities)

  Questions regarding degree/graduation requirements and the applicability of transfer credit toward satisfaction of degree requirements should be directed to the College of Education UCOM 3100, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL 36688-0002 (251) 380-2893.  
  Questions regarding transfer admission and transfer credit evaluation should be directed to the Office of Admissions, Meisler Hall Suite 2500, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL 36688-0002 (251) 460-6141 or (800) 872-5247.  
  For more information regarding the degree in Physical Education at the University of South Alabama, please consult the USA Bulletin.  
E-mail suggestions and comments to: Heather Nix

University of South Alabama - Mobile Alabama 36688-0002 / 1 (251) 460-6141
For questions or comments Contact Us
Date last changed: November 14, 2013 4:18 PM

University of South Alabama University of South Alabama text only