The Enrollment Services Division, through the Office of the Assistant Vice-President,
the Office of Admissions and Orientation, the Office of Financial Aid, the Office of
International Services, the Office of Career Services, the International Faculty/Staff
Coordinator, and Student Publicity, provides services for students from pre-enrollment
ADMISSION TO THE
Inquiries regarding admission to the University of South Alabama should be addressed to
the Director of Admissions, AD 182, University of South Alabama, Mobile, Alabama
36688-0002, or telephoned to (334)460-6141, toll-free number at (800)872-5247, or e-mail
Applicants to the University of South Alabama are considered for admission as follows:
- First-time Freshmen/High School Graduates--students who have
never attended a collegiate institution.
- Freshmen with Previous Credits--degree-seeking students who
attended another collegiate institution prior to high school graduation (note: if a
student attended another college after high school graduation,
regardless of credit earned before graduation, the student will be considered for
admission as a transfer student.)
- Early Admission--high school
seniors who wish to enroll prior to high school graduation.
- Special Freshman Admission--degree
seeking adults who graduated from high school at least five years prior to the quarter of
entry or who have reached the age of 23 and did not sit for college entrance examinations
(ACT or SAT).
- GED First-Time Freshmen--degree-seeking adults who sat for the
high school level General Education Development test (GED) and did not graduate from high
- Undergraduate Transfers--degree seeking students who have
previously attended any college or university after high school graduation, regardless of
the time spent in attendance or credit earned.
- Transient Students--applicants who wish to enroll for one term
only to complete work for transfer to the home institution.
- Unclassified Students--applicants who have baccalaureate
degrees who wish to take additional undergraduate courses.
- Audit Students--students who wish to
attend classes but not receive credit for courses.
- Graduate Students*--students pursuing post-baccalaureate
- Graduate Transfer Students*--students pursuing
post-baccalaureate degrees who have attended graduate school at another institution and
wish to have that credit considered for transfer to the University.
- Non-Degree Graduate Students*--students who have earned at
least a baccalaureate degree who wish to take graduate courses but do not wish to pursue a
- Graduate Transient Students*--applicants who wish to enroll
for one term to complete graduate work for transfer to the parent institution.
*Refer to the University of South Alabama Graduate School
Section, for details.
Admissions Procedures (Click here for