1997-1998 Bulletin Information

For current bulletin information see www.southalabama.edu/bulletin

The Enrollment Services Division, through the Office of the Assistant Vice-President, the Office of Admissions and Orientation, the Office of Financial Aid, the Office of International Services, the Office of Career Services, the International Faculty/Staff Coordinator, and Student Publicity, provides services for students from pre-enrollment through graduation.

Inquiries regarding admission to the University of South Alabama should be addressed to the Director of Admissions, AD 182, University of South Alabama, Mobile, Alabama 36688-0002, or telephoned to (334)460-6141, toll-free number at (800)872-5247, or e-mail at admiss@usamail.usouthal.edu.

Applicants to the University of South Alabama are considered for admission as follows:

  1. First-time Freshmen/High School Graduates--students who have never attended a collegiate institution.
  2. Freshmen with Previous Credits--degree-seeking students who attended another collegiate institution prior to high school graduation (note: if a student attended another college after high school graduation, regardless of credit earned before graduation, the student will be considered for admission as a transfer student.)
  3. Early Admission--high school seniors who wish to enroll prior to high school graduation.
  4. Special Freshman Admission--degree seeking adults who graduated from high school at least five years prior to the quarter of entry or who have reached the age of 23 and did not sit for college entrance examinations (ACT or SAT).
  5. GED First-Time Freshmen--degree-seeking adults who sat for the high school level General Education Development test (GED) and did not graduate from high school.
  6. Undergraduate Transfers--degree seeking students who have previously attended any college or university after high school graduation, regardless of the time spent in attendance or credit earned.
  7. Transient Students--applicants who wish to enroll for one term only to complete work for transfer to the home institution.
  8. Unclassified Students--applicants who have baccalaureate degrees who wish to take additional undergraduate courses.
  9. Audit Students--students who wish to attend classes but not receive credit for courses.
  10. Graduate Students*--students pursuing post-baccalaureate degrees.
  11. Graduate Transfer Students*--students pursuing post-baccalaureate degrees who have attended graduate school at another institution and wish to have that credit considered for transfer to the University.
  12. Non-Degree Graduate Students*--students who have earned at least a baccalaureate degree who wish to take graduate courses but do not wish to pursue a degree.
  13. Graduate Transient Students*--applicants who wish to enroll for one term to complete graduate work for transfer to the parent institution.

*Refer to the University of South Alabama Graduate School Section, for details.

Admissions Procedures (Click here for Admissions Procedures)