Every camper is expected to follow the Rules and Disciplinary guidelines established by the Campus Recreation Staff. This will ensure that all campers have a safe and enjoyable camp experience.
WE ASK THAT PARENTS DISCUSS ALL RULES AND DISCIPLINARY GUIDELINES WITH YOUR CAMPER BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF CAMP. Camp Counselors will also discuss these guidelines the first day of camp.
Campus Recreation Camp Rules
1. Know and understand all Campus Recreation Camp rules and follow them!!
2. Stay with your Camp group at all times.
3. Respect and courteous to all camp counselors, fellow campers, and patrons of the Student Recreation Center.
4. Inappropriate language will not be tolerated.
5. Keep your hands and feet to yourself at all times. You are not allowed to touch other campers or staff
6. Do not take anything that does not belong to you.
7. Throw all trash away in receptacles do not liter inside or outside our facility.
8. Do not bring toys or valuables to camp (Ipods, hand-held gaming systems and phones are not allowed). We
are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
9. Phones will be available for emergency calls only. Camp staff will escort camper to a phone in the SRC office if
a phone call needs to be made.
10. Always treat others the way you would have them treat you.
Disciplinary Guidelines and Procedure
Camp staff will conduct an orientation to review the camp procedures, disciplinary guidelines, and camp rules the first day of each camp session. All disciplinary action will be handled in a three step method outlined below.
Step One: A verbal warning will be given to the camper informing them that a rule has been broken and that they are acting inappropriately. The camper will be asked to explain the behavior and be warned not to continue the inappropriate behavior.
Step Two: If a camper’s behavior remains unsatisfactory after a verbal warning, they will be sent to time out. The camper will sit out of the activity for up to 10 minutes, depending on the age of the camper.
Step Three: The final step is the discipline report. The parent will be called and notified of their camper’s inappropriate behavior. A discipline report will be filled out by the camper and Camp Counselor stating the situation, and actions taken by camper and counselor. If the camper receives more than two discipline reports during a single day, the parent will be notified to come and pick up the camper.
Campus Recreation Staff reserves the right to suspend any camper for inappropriate or unsafe behavior at any time.