Applications for the Educational Media program are reviewed throughout the year. Although there are published deadlines for each semester, we have flexibility and will review your file at any time, so please begin the application process today. Requirements for admission are (in addition to the general Graduate School Standards):
1. A completed application for admission to the Graduate School.
2. One official copy of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
3. Two letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the applicant's academic and/or professional abilities. In addition, the letters should reference the applicant's dispositions necessary to help P-12 students learn.
4. A two-page narrative from the applicant indicating the applicant's goal(s) and purpose(s) for pursuing the field of Educational Media, and the dispositions that make the applicant a good candidate for helping P-12 students learn.
5. Valid Certification: For the master's degree, baccalaureate-level or master's level professional educator certification in a teaching field. For the endorsement only, an Alabama Class "A" certificate in a teaching field or instructional support area.
6. Results of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), including the written component (required of all applicants, regardless of degrees and certificates previously earned).
7. A resume with a chronology of professional employment.
Applications, transcripts, letters, and all supporting materials should be submitted to the Office of Admissions, 2500 Meisler Hall, University of South Alabama, Mobile, Alabama 36688-0002 by the deadlines noted above. Final admission decision involves evaluation of the following: grade-point average, scores on the GRE, letters of recommendation, applicant's statement of career goal(s) and purpose(s), professional experience, and program enrollment and availability.