Cathy O’Keefe Service Leader Award
The College of Education is proud to announce the Cathy O’Keefe Service Leader Award in celebration of the importance of service in education, to honor a former faculty member who epitomized service to others, and to recognize the contributions of students to the community.
This award is open to all students in the College of Education at all levels (undergraduate and graduate). Nomination forms (available at http://southalabama.edu/coe/servicelearning.html) for the award are accepted from faculty across all three departments and should include the following information:
- Studentís name & J#
- Date(s) and description of service activity
- Number of hours invested in service activity
- Significance of service activity
- Value of service activity to the community
- Outcome(s) of service activity
- Letter of support from studentís supervisor/instructor/nominator regarding the importance of the service activity.
Nominations will be reviewed by the service learning award selection committee, consisting of the following individuals:
- Peggy Delmas (LTE)
- Paige Vitulli (LTE)
- Edward Shaw (LTE)
- Alla Zakharova (Dean’s Office)
- Joel Lewis (PS)
- HPELS rep (TBD)
The winner of the award will be honored at the annual College of Education Honors & Awards Reception.