Current Oracle Submissions Guidelines || Deadline October 1, 2018
SUBMIT HERE: https://oracle.submittable.com/submit
Submission of Written Work
- Fiction and Nonfiction: Maximum of three (3) submissions. No more than 3000 words. Double spaced, 12-point, Times New Roman or Times typeface.
- Poetry: Maximum of three (3) submissions. 200 lines or less. 12-point, Times New Roman or Times typeface. Format your work as you wish it to be read. Though we will be publishing poetry of any kind, we are particularly interested in hybrid works, concrete poetry, and forms we’ve never seen before.
- Stage/Screenplays: Maximum of three (3) scenes. Include a brief synopsis of the entire work and an explanation of the submitted scenes. Introductions should be no more than five sentences. 12-point, Times New Roman or Times typeface. Format your work as you wish it to be read.
- Queries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All submissions must be previously unpublished.
Submission of Artwork
- For each piece of work, specify what medium you used and what category you would like to submit to in the body of your submission e-mail. Make sure your work is titled. Submit all work in CMYK, 300 dpi, JPEG format, and title each document “[Last Name]_[Title of Work].” In a separate Word document, submit an author bio of 150 words or less.
- Categories: Ceramics, Painting, Illustration, Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture, Drawing, Glass
- Maximum of three (3) pieces in each category per artist.
- If you need your work photographed, you must deliver it to the office of Diane Gibbs
in the Graphic Design Building of the Visual Arts Department, Room VAB 346 or the
VAB Main Office.
- Art queries should be sent to email@example.com.
For Additional Information
If you have any questions about layout or formatting, please check out the current issue, available in the English and Art Departments, to get an idea of the specifications and limitations.
The Oracle Editors understand that not all artistic endeavors fit neatly into these categories. If you have any questions regarding these submission guidelines, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that submission of work to Oracle gives Oracle the right to publish the work in the upcoming issue. Writers and artists retain copyright over their works.
It takes Oracle editors and designers six months from the current submission deadline to complete the issue and make final decisions about which works will be published. At this time, all those who submitted works for consideration will be notified at the email address from which they originally submitted the work. If you need to know the status of your work, please email email@example.com.