Effective Study Habits for LTLs Courses
"Chi dorme non piglia pesci" – "Those who sleep don't catch any fish." Italian Proverb
A Successful LTLs Student:
- is highly motivated to pursue language study under a self-instructional format.
- makes a sincere effort to learn as much as possible from the audio materials and texts.
- listens to the audio materials for a minimum of one hour a day, seven days a week.
- coordinates the listening exercises with the textbook.
- attends the tutorial sessions regularly and punctually to practice and reinforces
the audio and textual materials that s/he has independently studied at home.
comes to the tutorial sessions prepared to practice the spoken language.
- does not expect the tutors to teach what can be easily learned from the textbooks.
- come prepared to hear the tutor conduct the class the target language and know that s/he will only resort to English to address genuine questions when the textbook in not clear.
- attends class regularly and punctually and is aware that absences beyond the three permitted will negatively impact the final overall grade.