Department of Counseling and Instructional Sciences
The Department of Counseling and Instructional Sciences (CINS) is an active participant in the educational mission of the University of South Alabama. The department faculty includes professionals from instructional design, educational foundations, counseling, educational psychology, educational research, educational media, and other backgrounds. The faculty of the department are committed to effective teaching utilizing high performance standards, to research and scholarship to improve education, to college, university and community service, and to the recruitment and retention of talented students with the potential to have a positive impact on their profession.
Degree programs within the department include the Master of Education degree in Educational Media and in Counselor Education in an educational setting leading to certification in School Counseling, and the Master of Science degree in Counselor Education with emphases in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. The department also offers the Masters of Education and Doctor of Philosophy degrees in Instructional Design and Development. Additionally, members of the faculty teach foundational coursework in Educational Technology, Educational Psychology, Educational Foundations, and Educational Research. These courses are offered for students in the undergraduate and graduate programs throughout the college and are designed to broaden and strengthen degree-area preparation.
- Instructional Design and Performance Improvement Program (B.S. in IDPI - Online)
- Instructional Design and Development Program (M.S. in IDD - Online)
- Educational Media and Technology Program (M.S. in ET - Online)
- Educational Media Online Program (M.Ed. in Library Media - Online)
- Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design and Development
- Graduate Certificate in Human Performance Improvement
- School Counseling Program (M.Ed. in SC)
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program (M.S. in CMHC)
- Doctoral Program in Instructional Design and Development (Ph.D. in IDD)
- Doctoral Program in Clinical and Counseling Psychology (Ph.D. in CCP)