Janet P. (Taylor) McMillan, DSN, APRN, PMHNP-BC, ACHPN-BC
Associate Professor/Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Track Coordinator Community Mental Health Nursing - Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Track
- Promoting mental health in children and adolescents
- Forensic/Corrective Psychiatry
- Meeting mental health needs of patients with terminal illness
- Psychological aspects of care for patients on hospice
Update Region 2 Title
- DSN, University of Alabama at Birmingham (Nursing), 1992
- MSN, University of Texas Health Science Center Houston (Nursing), 1986
- BSN, William Carey College, Hattiesburg, MS (Nursing), 1984
- ADN, Jones County Junior College, Ellisville, MS (Nursing), 1982
- Post-Masters Certificate, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL, 2008
- ANCC Certification as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- HPNA Certification as an Advanced Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse (Practitioner)
- McMillan, J. and Suttle, L. (2009). LPN-to-RN: A win-win option for nursing education. Teaching and Learning in Nursing, 4(1), 10-13.
- Taylor, J. (1991). A survey of nurses' knowledge of AIDS. Mississippi RN, 53(5).
- Herrington, J., Taylor, J., and Durkee, V. (1990). Researching nurses: The cost. Nursing and Health Care, 11(7), 371-373.
- Taylor, J., Taylor, J., and Sieh, M. (1989). Your nursing liability: How much do you know? Nursing, 19(6)32C,32F.
- Taylor, J, Taylor, J, and Sieh, M. (1988). Nurses' Knowledge of Legal Liability. Journal of Emergency Nursing, 14(4)225-229.
- Taylor, J. (1987). AIDS: Protecting the Client and protecting the caregiver. Emergency Nursing Reports, 1(10)1-7.
- Taylor, J. and Taylor, J. (1987). Initiating advanced life support in the cancer patient: Considerations for airway control. The Journal of Emergency Medical Services, April, 36-37.
- Taylor, J. and Taylor, J. (1987). Vascular access devices: Use and aftercare. Journal of Emergency Nursing, 13(3)160-167
- Taylor, J. and Taylor, J. (1997) Nursing diagnosis. In Sheehy, S. (Ed.). Principles and Practice of Emergency Nursing (4th. ed.) St. Louis: C.V. Mosby.
- Taylor, J. (1994). Altered comfort, nausea as experienced by patients undergoing chemotherapy. In Carroll-Johnson, R. (Ed.). Classification of Nursing Diagnoses: Proceedings of the Tenth NANDA Conference. Philadelphia.--J.B. Lippincott.
- Taylor, J. and Taylor, J. (1992) Nursing diagnosis. In Sheehy, S. (Ed.). Principles and Practice of Emergency Nursing (3rd. Ed.) St. Louis: C.V. Mosby.
- Taylor, J.P. (1991). Validation of a nursing diagnosis: Alteration in comfort, nausea as experienced by oncology patients receiving chemotherapy. Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation.
- Taylor, J.P. (1990). Identification of self-care practices of clients experiencing chemotherapy-related nausea.
- Taylor, J.P. (1988). Examination of pain control, hospital stay, and cost for patients with a PCA pump post-operatively.
- Taylor, J.P. and Taylor, J.E. (1987). Nurses’ knowledge of legal liability.
- Taylor, J. (1986). Investigation of the correlation of stress and burnout in oncology staff nurses. Unpublished Master’s Thesis.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice Project Planning and Development
- Psychiatric Mental Health DNP Residency I
- Psychiatric Mental Health DNP Residency II
- Psychiatric Mental Health DNP Residency III
- Critical Analysis of the Scientific Underpinnings of Advanced Nursing Practice
- Evidence-Based Practice and Quality Improvement in Health Care
- Health Promotion/Disease Prevention and Issues for Family Psychiatric Nursing
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Physio-Pathological Bases of Advanced Nursing
- Pharmacology for Advanced Practice Nurses
- Introduction to Family Psychiatric Nursing
- Family Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner I
- Family Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Practicum I
- Family Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner II
- Family Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Practicum II
- Family Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner III
- Family Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Practicum III
Honors and Awards
- Nurse of the Year, Forrest General Home Care and Hospice, Hattiesburg, MS
- Nominee for Outstanding Educator, Jones County Junior College, Ellisville, MS
- Outstanding Associate Degree Nursing Alumni; Mississippi
- Organization for Associate Degree Education.
- Nurse of the Year; District VIII Nurses Association; Mississippi Nurses Association
- Research Nurse of the Year; Mississippi Nurses Association
- Listed in "Who’s Who Among Health Service Professionals"
Nominee for Nurse Researcher of the Year, Mississippi Nurses Association.
- Listed in "Who's Who in American Nursing", 1991