Tracey L. Taylor, DNP, ACNP-BC, RN
Assistant Dean for Clinical Affairs Administration
- Systems change quality improvement initiatives
- Nursing faculty development
- Curriculum development and strengthening through analytics
- Interdisciplinary collaboration in acute care and emergency settings
- Doctor of Nursing Practice, Vanderbilt University, 2010
- MSN Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, Vanderbilt University 2005
- ASDH Allied Health, Tennessee State University, 1997
- Elkins, J.C., Gunn, J., Jones, L., Taylor, T., Bydalek, K., & Fruh, S. (2018). Identifying Risk Factors of Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease in the South Asian Population. Journal of Clinical Lipidology. 12(2). 543-544. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacl.2018.03.041
- Toumbs, R., Taylor, T. & Cossey, T., Poster Presentation, Los Angeles, CA: 2018 International Stroke Conference. “Improving Resource Utilization and Palliative Care Interventions for Severe Stroke Patients in the ICU by Standardizing the Communication Process.”
- Graves, R., Taylor, T. & Hall, H. Poster Presentation, January, 2017, San Diego, CA: AACN’s Doctoral Education Conference. “Supplementing Pedagogy with Technological Innovation to Increase DNP Project Rigor.”
- Taylor-Overholts, T. & Hall, H. Poster Presentation, January, 2016, Naples, FL: AACN’s Doctoral Education Conference. “Enhancing Scholarship in DNP Projects: The Collaboration of DNP and PhD Prepared Nursing Faculty in Scientific Review Teams.”
- Taylor-Overholts, T., Hall, H. & Harlan, T. (2015). Virtual Online Orientation For a Graduate Nursing Program: A Process in Evolution. SM Journal of Nursing, 1(1), 1001.
- Taylor-Overholts, T. & Hall, H. Podium Presentation, November, 2015, Orlando, FL: AACN’s Baccalaureate Education Conference. “Teaching Strategies to Bridge the Generation Gap in Baccalaureate Education.”
- Ikeda, W., Taylor-Overholts, T., Bertolet, B. & Weixler, L. Poster Presentation, November, 2015, Seattle, WA: 38th Annual national Conference – Advanced Practice in Primary and Acute Care. “Improvement in the Transition of Care for Outpatients Post-Percutaneous Coronary Intervention An Innovation of Care.”
- Taylor-Overholts, T. & Hall, H. Poster Presentation, April 2015, Baltimore, MD: NONPF 41st Annual Meeting. “Online Orientation for Graduate Students: Break-Out Sessions for Nurse Practitioner Specialties.”
- Taylor-Overholts, T. & Hall, H. Podium Presentation, February 2015, St. Petersburg, FL: AACN’s Master’s Education Conference. “APRN Education: Ensuring Academic Integrity in an Online Environment.”
- Taylor-Overholts, T. & Hall, H. Podium Presentation, January 2015, San Diego, CA: AACN’s Doctoral Education Conference. “Virtual Online Orientation for a Doctor of Nursing Practice Program: A Process in Evolution.”
- Taylor-Overholts, T. Podium Presentation. Sigma Theta Tau Zeta Gamma Chapter: “APRN Prescriber Updates: AL, MS & FL,” November 20, 2014.
- Crowe, W., Taylor-Overholts, T. & Keys, J. Poster Presentation. Tennessee Hospital Association’s 2014 Annual Summit: “Effectiveness of an Admission Unit in an Academic Medical Center.”
- Taylor-Overholts, T. Podium Presentation. “Integration of Interactive Modules in Graduate Nursing Online Orientation: A Process in Evolution.” USA Conference on Teaching and Learning; May 13, 2014.
- Taylor-Overholts, T. Podium Presentation. “Proven Strategies for Delivering Secure Online Test Proctoring in Distance Education Programs.” USA Conference on Teaching and Learning; May 12, 2014., Issue 6, Pages 505-516.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice Program Courses
- Doctor of Nursing Practice Residency Faculty Facilitator
- Graduate Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Faculty
Honors, Awards, & Leadership
- Nurse Practitioner Alliance of Alabama, Steering Committee Member, 2017 - Present
- Bay Area Nurse Practitioner’s Association, Executive Officer, 2016 – Present
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing; Zeta Gamma Chapter, President, 2016 – Present
- University of South Alabama, Physician Assistant Studies. Outstanding Support of Physician Assistant Education Award, May 2014
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Zeta Gamma Chapter, Excellence in Nursing Practice Award, 2011