- Citizenship - US Citizen, national, refugee alien, or permanent resident alien
- Academic Potential:
- Completed Calculus 1 & 2, Chemistry 1 and Physics 1, where each course is 4cr and the sciences include a lab component.
- Interest in Engineering as a career: Essay
- Filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to the University of South Alabama by the USA LINK application deadline
Requirements for Renewal (up to 2 years) Maintain:
- Accumulative USA GPA of 2.50
- Satisfactory completion of 24 hours per year, unless approved (i.e. following initial plan for 3 year graduation)
- Participation in program activities
- Inform LINK mentor or committee member if there is a change in status (marriage/birth/new job/lost job/etc.)
- Orientation session, prior to the beginning of the first semester.
- Seminars on academic success strategies, careers, and research/internship opportunities.
- Student professional societies and activities.
- Outreach efforts with community colleges and local middle schools.
- Mentor Triad. A Peer Mentor and a Faculty Mentor will be assigned to each USA-LINK student.