College of Arts and Sciences
Follow this link to access all graduate programs offered at South.
Results of 2016 Graduate Student Survey
Top Things You Should Know
Night classes are offered in some courses.
Many programs have a foreign language requirement.
Location and deadlines for required forms and deadlines.
Program requirement guidelines.
Graduate Assistantship availability.
Faculty are supportive, but you are ultimately responsible for your academic success.
Importance of networking.
Procedures for research methods and incorporating professional criticism in your work.
Info Students Wish They Knew When They Started
Research and reimbursement guidelines (Marine Sciences).
Time management skills are required.
Availability of night classes.
Foreign language requirement.
Amount of reading assignments and schedule constraints. Be prepared.
Below are the leading professional journals and resources for Arts and Sciences majors:
- Church History (History Department)
- American Academy of Religion
- Journal of Parapsychology
- The Pomegranate
- Sigma Tau Delta English Honors Society
- Modern Language Association
- Gamma Theta Upsilon (Geography Honor Society)
- Sigma Gamma Epsilon (Geology HS)
- USA Meteorology Club (chapter of the America Association of Meteorology)
- Phi Kappa Phi (Chemistry Honors Society)
- Public Relations Student Society
- Lambda Pi Eta (Comm. Honors Society)
- Alpha Epsilon Rho (Elec. Media Honors Society)
- Phi Sigma Iota (Foreign Lang. HS)
- Phi Alpha Theta (History Honors Society)
- Society of Physics Students
- Psi Chi (Psychology HS)