MCOB Study Abroad Program
"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the light of a fire." - William Butler Yeats
Immerse Yourself (2014 Fall Exchange Students)
College students all across the United States enrich their academic life and ultimately their careers by experiencing foreign cultures and systems as part of their study abroad program. Click here for an article about this topic.
The Mitchell College of Business encourages interested students to participate in University of South Alabama study abroad programs. Programs available to our students are taught in English and include:
- University of Applied Sciences, Worms, Germany - an exchange program for MCOB students.
- University of Passau, Passau, Germany.
Study Abroad - Step by Step
The following are the steps that you should follow in order to begin your international experience:
- Do you have a passport? If not please visit the U.S. Department of State Passport Home.
- To decide on your program of choice, meet with Dr. Mohan Menon in the Mitchell College of Business Dean’s Office or Ms. Cindy Nobles in the MCOB Office of Student Affairs.
- For other USA program information and options go to the USA Office of International Education, Meisler Hall Suite 2300 - or visit the Study Abroad site.
- Once you decide on a program of choice, please begin the Transient Credit Approval Process: Print the Transient Credit approval routing form and the USA transient credit approval forms. Ms. Cindy Nobles will sign for the academic advisor/dean's office.
- Complete the USA Office of International Education application forms and any application forms required from the program you have chosen.
- Scholarships: For information on scholarships for study abroad please visit the Study Abroad Funding site.
- Find out what the application deadline is for your chosen program – all applications must be submitted prior to the deadlines established by our partner universities.