Drug or alcohol problems can affect everyone regardless of age, sex, race, marital status, income level, or lifestyle. You may have a serious problem with drugs or alcohol if:
- You drink or get high on a regular basis.
- You lie about the amount of drugs or alcohol you are using.
- You have given up activities such as sports, homework, or hanging out with friends who don't use drugs or drink.
- You believe that in order to have fun you need to drink and/or use drugs.
- You turn to alcohol and/or drugs to relieve stress.