Health Informatics: Saving Lives With Technology
Posted on November 9, 2015 by
The Bachelor of Science in Health Informatics is an exciting new program that prepares you for an in-demand field with an excellent employment outlook and provides you with the tools to save lives with technology!
Some key opportunities as a Health Informaticist include:
Improving patient care and outcomes
- Working with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare providers to reduce medical errors and save lives
- The HITECH Act of 2009 provides financial incentives for physicians to adopt technology... but there aren't enough trained Health Informaticists to do it.
- Medical discoveries are no longer confined to the laboratory.
- Health Informaticists analyze large amounts of data to discover effective treatments as well as dangerous conditions.
Empowering patients to be involved in their own care
- Electronic personal health records, patient portals, and even text-based medication reminders...
- These are just some of the technologies that Health Informaticists use to put more information and tools into the hands of patients!
Sound like something you might be interested in pursuing? Check out these resources, and join USA's team today!
Find out more by contacting:
Dr. Matt Campbell
FYAC Staff Spotlight: Tameka ThomasMs. Tameka Thomas is an academic advisor in the FYAC. Ms. Thomas is fr...
January 1, 2014
FYAC Staff Spotlight: Jen MonkmanShort description for RSS item...
November 9, 2017
FYAC Staff Spotlight: Eric LightMr. Eric Light has been with the FYAC since the beginning and is our t...
October 11, 2017
FYAC Staff Spotlight: LaDora HowardMrs. LaDora Howard is one of our dedicated veteran advisors in the FYA...
September 12, 2017