What is an Academic Coach?
An Academic Coach is a a professional staff member in Student Academic Success who can help students focus on the the learning process. Through appointments, students have the opportunity to work one-on-one or in small groups with a a coach to determine strengths and areas for improvement, gain confidence, set goals, discover motivation, and enhance academic performance. Academic Coaching appointments vary depending on their individual need(s) of the student, but typically last approximately an hour.
Goals for Academic Coaching
- Determine strengths and areas for improvement
- Establish short and long term goals for success
- Develop strategies to overcome difficulties or barriers to success
- Improve time management and organizational skills
- Examine learning styles and study techniques
- Learn self-discipline and se
- Provide a supportive relationship and personal accountability
Make an appointment with an Academic Coach
To schedule your appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. A professional staff member will contact with a few questions to help prepare for the meeting and scheduling details.