"TELL ME AND I FORGET. TEACH ME AND I REMEMBER. INVOLVE ME AND I LEARN." -Benjamin Franklin
How do you take in information and commit it to memory? At JagSuccess, learning is our number one priority. Regardless of how you learn, or what you're interests are, our goal is to guide you toward success in your journey toward knowledge.
7 Principles for How Learning Works
1. Students' prior knowledge can help or hinder learning.
2. How students organize knowledge influences how they learn and how they apply what they know.
3. Students' motivation determines, directs, and sustains what they do to learn.
4. To develop mastery, students must acquire component skills, practice integrating them, and know when to apply what they have learned.
5. Goal-directed practice coupled with targeted feedback enhances the quality of students' learning.
6. Students' current level of development interacts with the social, emotional, and intellectual climate of the course to impact learning.
7. To become self-directed learners, students must learn to monitor and adjust their approaches to learning.
Ambrose, S. A. (2010). How learning works: seven research-based principles for smart teaching. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
Resources for Learning
Study Tips & Techniques
Study & Homework Groups
Repetition & Feedback