International Education Ambassador
Welcome back from an exciting abroad experience! Now that you are back at USA, you have the opportunity to encourage other USA students to participate in international programs. The International Education Ambassador (IEA) program is an internship designed to engage a select group of study abroad alumni in promoting global engagement opportunities to your peers on campus.
Who is an IEAmbassador?YOU! Enthusiastic USA undergraduate students who have participated in any study program.
What does an IEAmbassador do?As a student representative of the Office of International Education, you will go through basic training to better understand our study abroad procedures and programs. You will use this knowledge along with your own personal experiences to conduct study abroad interest sessions, take part in one-on-one conversations with potential study abroad students, and engage in a number of admission events, fairs, & orientations. IEAs will also have the opportunity to help international students transition to life at USA.
Being an IEA is an exciting opportunity that can empower you to build on your global experience and help your fellow students to pursue international experiences. All ambassadors are expected to commit for one academic year, attend one training meeting at the beginning of each semester, and participate in regular weekly meetings to plan and discuss responsibilities.
What will IEAmbassadors gain?
- An internship providing firsthand experience working with an International Education office
- Leadership & public-speaking skills
- Cross-cultural knowledge
- Marketing & recruitment experience
- Access to professional development opportunities
How can I apply?
Please read the job description carefully before applying.
- Applications must be submitted by July 31st, 2014 for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- In-person, phone, or Skype interviews may be conducted in early August.
- Notifications for the internship will be sent out by August 14th, 2014.
- The first training session will take place during the first week of the fall 2014 semester.
To apply, click on the Apply Now link, fill out your information, and hit "Submit". OR if you prefer, you can download the application here, save a copy to your computer, open in Adobe, fill out the information, and email the saved document to Bri Altier or print out the application and mail/deliver it to the Study Abroad Office.
If you have further questions about the International Education Ambassador Internship, please contact Bri Altier, Coordinator of International Education.