USA Greek Community Recognized
Posted on May 4, 2017 by Tiyana King
The Office of Greek Life at the University of South Alabama honored sorority and fraternity members for outstanding service, leadership and academic achievement at the 2016-2017 Greek Awards Banquet. These organizations raised more than $102,000 for philanthropy this year, and dedicated nearly 32,000 hours toward service projects.
The Office of Greek Life hosted the awards ceremony for the fraternities and sororities who are members of the Interfraternity (IFC), College Panhellenic (CPC) and National Pan-Hellenic (NPHC) councils.
2017 Greek Award Winners
- Alpha Omicron Pi, Chi Omega and Pi Kappa Phi received the Dean’s Cup, the highest honor given to the USA Greek-letter organizations.
- The National Pan-Hellenic Council Chapters of the Year are the Theta Delta Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., and the Epsilon Upsilon Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. These organizations have exemplified leadership, scholastic achievement and service.
- Kaitlin Bryant of the Iota Nu City-Wide Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. of NPHC and Kayley Edwards of Phi MU of CPC were each named Greek Woman of the Year. Jordan Carter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. of NPHC and William Pope of Pi Kappa Phi of IFC were each named Greek Man of the Year.
- The Academic Achievement Awards were presented to Alpha Omicron Pi and Chi Omega, CPC; and Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc., Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., and Alpha Tau Omega, IFC.
- Outstanding New Member Awards were given to Madison Jacobs of Alpha Omicron Pi of CPC, Naden Kreitz of Sigma Chi of IFC and Jack Stover of Kappa Sigma of IFC. Neophyte awards were given to Johnathan Sampey of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. and Bryanna Hall of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Outstanding President Awards for NPHC were given to Derick Pickett of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., and Pretiyja Olige of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.
- The NPHC Program of the Year was given to the Iota Nu City-Wide Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., for its Girls Day Out program.
- The Community Service Award for NPHC was given to the Pi Omega Chapter of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. The Community Service Award for IFC was presented to the Gamma Phi chapter of Pi Kappa Phi and Alpha Omicron Pi of CPC.
- Campus Involvement Awards were given to the Beta Theta Chapter of Chi Omega, CPC; the Pi Omega Chapter of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc., of NPHC; and the Nu Mu Chapter of Tau Kappa Epsilon of IFC.
- The Intramural Sports Awards were given to Phi Mu, CPC, and Sigma Chi, IFC.
Join South for its Annual Holiday ConcertThursday - November 16, 2017USA musicians will bring 'Joy to the Word' with...
New Music Inspired by Moulton TowerFriday - November 17, 2017Senior Tyler Brandon leads the performance of two...
A New Report Card on Mobile's EconomyThursday - November 16, 2017South's Center for Real Estate and Economic...
An Oasis in a Student's Food DesertWednesday - November 15, 2017Jags are donating to a newly opened food pantry as...
USA Med Students Score in Top QuartileMonday - November 13, 2017South's College of Medicine gets high marks in both...