text only
University of South Alabama
Home Index Search Directories Faq
Disability Services





Registering with Student Disability Services is completely optional. However, if you are requesting accommodations through this office, you must first register.

Each student must complete an application and provide the staff with Official documentation of his or her disability. This documentation should spell out specifically what the disability is for the purpose of determining if the disability may require accommodations. The following are examples of some sources from which the student may obtain official documentation:
  • Physicians
  • Psychological Clinics
  • Vocational Rehabilitation (Rehab clients only)
  • Veterans Administration (Veterans only)
Specific guidelines for documentation may be found in the Student Handbook. Several forms required for registering with Student Disability Services are now available in Adobe .PDF format. You can download an exact copy of the printed form. If you already have the Adobe Reader®, you're all set to download. If not, you can download the FREE Acrobat Reader® by clicking the graphic below:
Get Adobe Reader
Registration Process
Step 1: Fill out two Registration forms
Download Here
Student Application

Get forms from Student Disability Services office, 5828 Old Shell Rd.

Step 2: Turn forms in to Student Disability Services. You can:

  • Bring forms to Student Disability Services Office, 5828 Old Shell Rd.
  • FAX forms to Student Disability Services Office, FAX: (251) 414-8176

Step 3: Download and fill out the Release form. This form can also be obtained from the office of Student Disability Services.

Release Form

Step 4: Set up an appointment time to meet with Maggi Fields, Coordinator, Student Disability Services.
        Telephone: (251) 460-7212

Step 5: Arrive early for your appointment time and be prepared! Make sure you have all of your forms filled out and have a copy of your medical documentation. If you are unable to attend your scheduled appointment time, be sure to give adequate notice.


University of South Alabama - Mobile Alabama 36688-0002 / 1 (251) 460-7212
For questions or comments Contact Us
Last date changed: August 6, 2012 9:22 AM

University of South Alabama