text only
University of South Alabama
USA Home Web Index Search Directories FAQ
Payroll Accounting
Frequently Asked Questions
6. Can I still apply for a FICA tax refund for tax periods prior to April 1, 2005?
Unless you previously filed an individual FICA tax refund claim on your own (by the applicable deadlines), the statute of limitations has expired for FICA tax refunds for tax periods prior to April 1, 2005. However, as discussed above, with your consent, the applicable refund procedures allow USA to obtain your share of refundable FICA taxes pursuant to the refund claims filed by USA on time for periods prior to April 1, 2005. You should consult your tax professional if you have further questions regarding this issue.

University of South Alabama - Mobile Alabama 36688-0002 / 1 (251) 460-6471
For questions or comments Contact Us
Last date changed: January 26, 2015 3:12 PM

University of South Alabama