text only
University of South Alabama
Home Index Search Directories Faq
Financing Your University of South Alabama Education


For a detailed description of the types of federal financial aid available,
click here (opens a new window).
Financial Aid comes in many forms at the University of South Alabama - from grants and loans to work-study and scholarships.
The student must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year to receive any form of federal financial aid. Some forms of aid are need-based, requiring that you demonstrate financial need (a difference between your Expected Family Contribution and the cost of attendance) to qualify. Cost of attendance is the estimated total amount it will cost a student to attend the University of South Alabama. It is determined by the Office of Financial Aid using rules established by the U.S. Congress.
Some federal loans are not need-based, such as the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan and the Federal Direct Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS). Such loans are designed to assist middle-income families who do not qualify for need-based aid.
For more information on the application process, visit the Office of Financial Aid.

University of South Alabama - Mobile Alabama 36688-0002 / 1 (251) 460-6231
For questions or comments Contact Us
Last date changed: July 23, 2008 9:20 AM

University of South Alabama