Everyone who chooses to lives and works in our residential communities must understand and support the “I Am South” standard. Residents will sign off on a commitment card shortly after moving in at their first floor/hall meeting.
• I AM COMMITTED TO A DRUG FREE COMMUNITY.
• I AM COMMITTED TO AN ALCOHOL FREE COMMUNITY.
• I AM COMMITTED TO A VIOLENCE & HARASSMENT FREE COMMUNITY.
• I AM COMMITTED TO COMMUNITY & UNIVERSITY INVOLVEMENT.
• I AM COMMITTED TO HONOR & INTEGRITY BEING MY STANDARD.
• I AM SOUTH!
Our residential communities are dynamic environments that are designed to enable all individuals to reach their full potential. Only by understanding, supporting, and celebrating this standard can we create an environment where individuality, creativity, and community will thrive.
The Community Involvement Model provides opportunities for residents to promote their success with aspects of
Civility: politeness and courtesy in behavior and speech: community building/living among others.
Social Development: organizing energies and activities at higher levels to achieve greater results.
Holistic Relationships: purposeful personal, familial, community, work, and social relationships.
These opportunities are measured against learning outcomes developed from the Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education’s (CAS) effective programming criteria.
- Effective Communication
- Leadership Development
- Clarified Values
- Intellectual Growth
- Career Choices
- Educational Goals
- Social Responsibility
- Diversity & Spiritual Awareness
- Enhanced Self-Esteem
- Realistic Self-Appraisal
- Meaningful Interpersonal Relationship
- Healthy, Satisfying, & Productive Lifestyles