The Intramural Program establishes the official rules for all intramural sports. Team managers are responsible for keeping team members informed of the rules governing the sport in which they are involved.
The rules governing flag football will be the NIRSA Flag Football Rulebook.
A rulebook can be checked out from the Intramural Program anytime prior to or during the season. A brief outline of the basic rules is as follows:
- Teams shall consist of seven players for the men and women games and eight players for Co-Rec.
- All players are eligible receivers.
- Flag football is a non-contact sport with screen blocking the primary strategy for delaying an opponent.
- Players are considered “down” after an opponent pulls their flag belt off.
- Games shall consist of two 18-minute halves with a 5-minute half time.
- Overtime will be played in all games that end in a tie.
- Each team is allowed two time-outs per half. The clock will run during the entire game but will stop on all whistles in the last minute of each half. Specific timing regulations are covered in the NIRSA Rulebook.
- In Co-Rec games, the teams will consist of equal numbers of male and female players. When teams are short players, there cannot be more than one extra male player then female players on the field at one time
- Teams shall consist of six players per team.
- There is free substitution during dead balls.
- Matches are played best 2 out of 3 sets, rally scoring
- All players must wear approved court shoes.
- A team must start with at least four players.
- In Co-Rec games, the teams will consist of equal numbers of male and female players. When teams are short players, there cannot be more than one extra male player than female players on the court at one time.
- In Co-Rec games when the ball is played more than once by a team, a female player shall make at least one of the contacts. Contact of the ball during blocking shall not constitute playing the ball. There is no requirement for a male player to contact the ball, regardless of the number of hits by a team.
- One varsity basketball athlete is allowed on a team roster.
- The game will consist of two 20-minute halves with a clock stopping in the last minute of each half. There will be a 3-minute half time.
- Teams must where same colored jerseys with visible permanently affixed numbers.
- Each team is allowed two time-outs per half.
- Overtime periods will be 3 minutes with the clock stopping in the last minute.
- Players must where non-marking court shoes.
- Teams must arrive 10 minutes prior to tip-off.
- In Co-Rec, every female shot is worth 3 points. Male shots will be worth 1 in the lane, 2 outside the lane, and 3 at the 3 point line.
- Be careful with all your valuables you bring into the gym.
- Teams must provide their own game ball.
- We will play double bonus on the 10th foul
- Metal spikes are not allowed. All players must wear athletic shoes.
- Games will be 50 minutes or seven innings, whichever comes first. Tie games will continue until there is a winner.
- A pitched ball must have an arc between 6 – 12 feet from the ground.
- Umpires will call the ball a strike if it is in a reasonable hitting area.
- A team must have at least eight players in order to start the game.
- A team manager must provide a game lineup to the umpire at least ten minutes prior to the game.
- Notify the umpire if you intend to intentionally walk the batter. The batter will automatically advance to first.
- A ten run rule will be in effect after the 4th inning.
- Extra hitter position is allowed
- Bat restrictions will be in effect, only intramural bats will be allowed.
- Restricted flight softballs are required with RF 44 core 375 compression visible on all softballs. These balls may be purchased for $5 at the intramural field house.
- Teams will consist of ten players, five men and five women. Teams can start with no less than eight players. Co-Rec games can never have more than one extra male player than female.
- The batting order must alternate gender. There cannot be two consecutive male hitters. Choice of leadoff batter is left to the team.
- Player positions are left to the teams’ discretion but they must be able to defend their position.
- Females may elect to walk after a male walk
- All male walks will be awarded 2nd base with the female batter following having the option to walk
- A team will consist of eight players.
- The game will consist of two twenty –five minute halves with a running clock.
- Teams must supply their own soccer balls.
- Any slide tackle from behind is an automatic red card.
- All rules will be in accordance with National Federation Soccer Rules, with the Intramural Program having complete discretion over all interpretation of said rules.
- Shootouts will determine all overtime winners.
- Co-Rec teams will consist of four men and four women with the goalie having to be a male.
- If a female scores the goal will count for two points.
- Shootouts will be made up of two male and two female shots.
- All fouls will be direct kicks and a foul in the 18 yard box will be a penalty kick.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated, and warnings will not be given. Consider this your warning.
- We recommend shin guards for all players
- A team will be made up of seven players.
- A game will consist of two twelve-minute halves with a three-minute half time.
- In games ending with a tie score the teams will decide the contest with a three-minute sudden death format followed by a five-player shootout if still undecided.
- Players may not contact other players’ bodies, only their opponent’s inner-tube.
- A player can only tump another player when that player has the ball.
- A team cannot throw the ball from their redzone over half the distance of the pool.
- Offensive players may not touch the ball when it or any of their person is in the red zone.
- Balls along the side of the pool will be whistled dead and a jump ball will occur.
- Co-Rec will consist of four men and four women players with the goalie having to be a male.