Students intersted in the Clinical Counseling program please see information on the Doctor of Philosophy below.
To assure that all graduate students receive the appropriate level of mentoring and supervised training no more than 6 - 8 students are admitted per year. Students are admitted once a year
for Fall Semester only.
Before submitting any application materials please read the Psychology
Department Information for Applicants.
Applicants should submit the following materials by January 15 to:
- Office of Admissions
- Meisler Hall, Suite 2500
- University of South Alabama
- Mobile, AL 36688
- Completed Graduate Admissions application form.
- Non-refundable application fee.
- Two copies of official transcripts of all college-level course work.
- GRE scores (verbal and quantitative scores are required).
- TOEFL scores (for international students only).
- Completed Psychology Departmental application form
- Statement of purpose.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Those interested in applying for a graduate assistantship should also submit a Graduate Assistantship application form. (See more information below.)
Applications completed after January 15 will be considered only if space is still available.
If you have questions regarding the application process, the Departmental Secretary, Mrs. Nash, can
answer most questions.
Applicants should submit the following materials by January 15, 2012 to:
Office of Admissions
Meisler Hall, Suite 2500
University of South Alabama
Mobile, AL 36688
For additional information see the
program Web Page.
Applicants will be notified of admission decisions in April. If you have questions regarding the application procedure, please contact the CCP Program Department at 251-460-6622.
A limited number of Graduate Assistantships for both the masters and doctoral programs are available on a competitive basis. Graduate Assistantship application forms are available on the web or from the Department of Psychology Office, Room 320, Life Sciences Building. Assistantship application forms should be sent to the Office of Admissions. The deadline for receipt of completed applications for Assistantships is January 15.
Information concerning other forms of financial aid such as student loans and work-study programs is available from the Office of financial aid (251) 460-6231.