March is International Month at the University of South Alabama with students from different cultures exchanging insights and competing for a coveted trophy.
The Council of International Student Organizations sponsors the event, and the University community is encouraged to taste and savor the different cultures and traditions that numerous international students bring to the campus during this month, which has become a long-standing USA tradition. Competition keeps the spirit alive with a variety of programs.
CISO uses the annual event to broaden the spectrum of people it reaches, and this year CISO hopes to add a little local flavor to the talent show by allowing other independent organizations to contribute their talent and share their culture.
The events and dates:
- Cookout and volleyball at The Grove – 3 p.m., March 16.
- International House of Fashion Show – 7 p.m., March 20, Student Center Ballroom.
- Musical Festival – 7 p.m., March 22, Student Center Amphitheater.
- Cultural exhibits – 9 a.m.-3p.m., April 3-4, Student Center Lobby
- Talent/Fashion Show – 7 p.m., April 4, Mitchell Center.
The exhibits, talent show and general décor will be the key in judging for the top festival prizes.
For additional information, email Brenda Hinson at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the Office of International Student Services at 406-6050.