Earth Sciences Assignment (Amy Prendergast)
Assignment: Use the GeoRef database to find an article on a topic relevant to the course such as sedimentary deposition.
- Start your search using keywords.
- Pick an article that looks good from the results and look at the complete record to see the descriptors/subject headings.
- Choose appropriate descriptors, go back to search, and use descriptors to narrow search.
- Choose an available article from the results. To see if an article is available, if there is a “Link to,” click it. Otherwise, click on “Check Full-text Journal List for availability.”
- Write a brief annotation, noting date of article, author affiliation if any, and any other relevant information. Indicate how available - full text, or in Library print or microform holdings.
- Search for a website using the same subject headings.
- Choose a website and write a brief summary or annotation.
- Compare the two with regard to authors (address or other biographical info, affiliation, qualifications), currency of publication/updating, and bibliography or other resource information given.