Simpson, Scott, and Jessica Sheffield. “Neocolonialism, Technology, and Myth in the Stargate Universe.” In Sith, Slayers, Stargates, and Cyborgs: Modern Mythology in the New Millennium, edited by John Perlich and David Whitt, 73-98. New York: Peter Lang, 2007.
Research in Progress
“Sharing/Shaping Community: Virality’s Constitutive Rhetoric.” Accepted for publication in Equipment for (Digital) Living: Key Concepts in Digital Rhetoric , ed. Amber Davisson and Aaron Hess, in press.
“Cool for a Cause: The ALS ‘Ice Bucket Challenge’ as Viral Movement.” Final revisions for submission to the Journal of Contemporary Rhetoric.
“A Rhetorical History of the Stoneman Meadow Riot in Yosemite National Park, 1970.” Final revisions.
“Drama in the Delta: A Rhetorical Analysis of the Mobile-Tensaw River Delta Park Controversy.” Draft.
“Higher, Faster, Further, More: The “Carol Corps’ Redefines Comics Fandom.” Data collection and draft.
Merced River Plan (Yosemite) project. Data collection and organization.
- CA 260, Digital Writing and Production
- CA 310, Persuasion
- CA 360, Communication and the Internet
- CA 390, Special Topics in Propaganda
- CA 390, London: Street and Studio (USA in the UK study abroad program - scheduled Summer 2016)
- CA 422, Rhetorical Theory
- CA 424, Rhetorical Criticism
- CA 501, Qualitative Methods
- CA 522, Rhetorical Theory
- CA 524, Rhetorical Criticism
- CA 560, Communication Technology