Professor Community/Mental Health Nursing
- Controversial NP Practice Situations Involving Moral, Legal, and Ethical Decision-Making
- Child Abuse, Specifically Sexual Assault and Long-term Health Consequences
- PTSD and Sexual Assault
- NP Employment Contracts
- Trauma Informed Societal Policy Initiatives
- Prevention and Treatment of Rape Trauma Sequelae
- Innovative Solutions to Underserved Populations’ Special Holistic Needs
- New Treatments for Hepatitis C
Ongoing Research/Faculty Practice Support
- Primarily, I mentor USA graduate and doctoral students through my own faculty practice with the CON and VHP. USA students in addition to other university graduate students participate in obtaining internal medicine and primary care clinical hours in an ambulatory practice setting where I have established my own clientele/patient load and work collaboratively with physicians, dentists and allied health partners. VHP provides a medical home to patients from ages 19-65 in the greater gulf coast region that are medically uninsured with a variety of healthcare needs. At VHP, I have established my own research interest that informs my practice. In addition, I collaborate in the clinical education of USA medicine and allied health students who are assigned hours at VHP on an ongoing basis. Compensation toward my salary support equivalent to 12 months of grant support year round is awarded to the university including my unique clinical schedule with professional accountability that is year round. At VHP, I am available to students across a wide spectrum and its unique clinic setting provides rich research opportunities for multi-disciplinary, inter-disciplinary and intra-disciplinary departments (and colleges).
- Dolan, C. (PI), Broome, B., Henry, H., Williams, S. (2012). The Impact of Health Literacy and Self- Efficacy on Improving Health Outcomes in Patients with Hypertension, USA-CON, Dean’s Grant. $3,800.
- Dolan, C. (contributor) in Roussel, L. PI, Dearman, C. et al. (2010). Our Neighborhood Clinic, Dean’s Grant, one year award: Variables and Impacted Outcomes in those with Cardiovascular Disease, USA- CON and USAMC. $3,800.
- Dolan, C. (aka White) (contributor) Roussel, L., PI, White, C., (2009). Our Neighborhood Clinic, USA-CON, HRSA, five year award (40% FTE). $500,000.
- Dolan, C. (aka White) (PI), (2007). The Baldwin Clinic/La Clinica de Baldwin, FQHC, BPHC/HRSA, grant renewal approved. (Funded $576,000).
- Dolan, C. (aka White) (PI), (2005). The Baldwin Clinic/La Clinica de Baldwin, FQHC, BPHC/HRSA, grant renewal approved. (Funded $576,000).
- Dolan, C. (aka White), McGuinness, J., & Majors, S. (co-PI) (2001). La Clinica de Baldwin, Foley, AL, original 330-g FQHC award. ($500,000).
- Dolan, C. (aka White) & Majors, S. (co-PI) (2001). Nursing case management of perinatal clients at La Clinica de Baldwin, March of Dimes, two year award. $50,000.
- Dolan, C. (aka White) (Co-PI) (2000). SEAHEC/AHEC University community grant. Five year award, 25% FTE. (Funded $2,000,000 total, subcontract for nursing $15,218).
- Dolan, C. (aka White) (co-PI) & Majors, S. (1999). Perinatal Outreach for Clinica del Migrante. Two year award. (Funded, $36,000).
- Dolan, C. (aka White) (co-PI), Hamilton, K., & McGuinness, T. (1999). Research and curriculum Development for a Migrant Clinic, Helene Fuld Foundation, Two year award. (Funded, $100,000).
- Juris Doctorate, Faulkner University, 2003
- MSN, University of South Alabama, 1995
- BSN, Auburn University Montgomery cum laude, 1993
- AD, ASN Polk College, 1977
- Certificate, Alternative Dispute Resolution, 2003, Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Training, 2015, 1999 Emergency Nurses Association (CEN), 1986-1991, American Association of Critical Care Nurses (CCRN), 1984-2003, ACLS Instructor, 1982-1998, BCLS Instructor, 1985-1990, BTLS, 1992-1995, TNCC,1987-1991, ENCC, 1999-2007
- Dolan, C., (February, 2017). Moral, ethical, and legal decision-making in controversial NP practice situations, TJNP, Vol. 13, February Legal/Policy Issue, e57-65.
- Dolan, C. & Raber, M. (December, 2017). The np's response to child sexual assault disclosure, The NP, Vol. 42 (12). 18-26.
- Dolan, C., (November, 2017). Understanding employment contract: What to know before you sign. The NP. Vol. 42(11). 44-49.
- Brown, L. & Dolan, C., (February, 2016). Employment contracting basics for the nurse practitioner, JNP, Vol. 12 (2). e45-51.
- Dolan, C. & Farmer, L., (February, 2016). Let the record speak: The power of the medical record. TJNP, Vol. 12 (2). pp. 88-94.
- Halpern, K., J., McKinnon, R., Okolo, A., M, Sanzio, T. M., & Dolan, C. (February, 2016). A medication error and legislation designed to punish: The American association of nurse attorneys defends just culture in nursing. JNP, Vol. 12 (2). 109-112.
- White, C., (aka Dolan) (December, 2011). Advanced practice prescribing: Issues and strategies in preventing medication error. Journal of Nursing Law, Vol. 14, (3), pp. 120-127.
- White, C., (aka Dolan) (summer, 2008). What is $5 dollars’ worth? Journal of Cultural
Diversity, Vol. 16 (2).
Rhoades, J., White, C. (Jan/Feb, 2008). Copyright law and distance education. Journal of Nurse Educators, Vol.33 (1).
- White, C. (aka Dolan) (2006, October). Letters to the Editor, TJNP, 2(8), pp. 568-572.
- White, C. (aka Dolan) & Watson, M. (2006, June). Should APNs perform abortion services? TJNP, 2 (6), pp.388-89.
- White, C. (aka Dolan) (2006). Innovative outreach practice report. Migrant Farmworker Health Services, Inc., HRSA, pp. 16.
- White, C., (aka Dolan) Majors, S., Watson, M. (2002, July). Sowing the seeds of health: Alabama nurse practitioners cultivate the state’s first migrant health center. Nurse Practitioner World News, 7(7), pp.1-6.
- White, C. (aka Dolan) & Dixon, E. (2001, summer). Clinical challenge, A case of first trimester bleeding Clinical Advisor, pp. 13-16.
- White, C. (aka Dolan) (1999). Academic forum guiding lights: Developing a minority sensitive mentoring program for a local area health education center (AHEC). Minority Nursing, fall, pp. 48-51. (Aug/Sept).
- Currently all FNP clinical practicum courses (previously CMN 569 now 573, 575, 576). In the past the entire FNP curriculum.
- CMN 568 Introduction to Family NP
- CMN 571 Health Promotion/Disease prevention & Issues for Family NP
- CMN 572 Family NP I
- CMN 573 Family NP Practicum I
- CMN 574 Family NP II
- CMN 575 Family NP Practicum II
- CMN 577 Family NP III 3 hrs.
- CMN 576 Family NP Practicum III
- Support courses toward the MSN, specifically “the 3 Ps” pathophysiology, pharmacology and assessment (545, 578, 518).
- Adv Nursing Assessment
- Physio-pathological Bases of Advanced Nursing
- Pharmacology for Advanced Practice Nurses
- Primary Pediatric master curriculum MCN 550, 551, 552, 553, 554, 555, 556, 557 and 576
- RN-BSN (Professional Bases, Nursing Assessment, Clinical Courses)
- NU 300 Foundations
- NU 301 Foundations Clinical
- NU 325 Health Assessment
- NU 327 Pathophysiological Basis of Nursing
- HSC 343 Pharmacology
- NU 300 Foundations of Professional Nursing
- CMN 420 Community Health Nursing
- NU 414 Issues/Trends in Healthcare
- NU 425 Health Assessment
- NU 427 Pathophysiology and Genomics
- NU 410 Concepts of Professional Nursing
- NU 530 Advanced Assessment
- NU 531 Advanced Pathophysiology
Primary Pediatric Advanced Nursing Curriculum (original track designer/developer)
- MCN 548 Introduction to Pediatric Health NP
- MCN 551 Health Promotion/Disease Prevention in Pediatric Health
- MCN 552 Pediatric Health NP I
- MCN 553 Pediatric Health NP Practicum I
- MCN 554 Pediatric Health NP II
- MCN 555 Pediatric Health NP Practicum II
- MCN 556 Pediatric Health NP Practicum III
- MCN 557 Pediatric Health NP III
- MCN 541 Women’s Health Promotion, Disease Prevention and Issues
- NU 590 Health Assessment (original online)
- NU 572 Health Promotion across the Lifespan (original online)e ipsum vel est.
Honors and Awards
- 2018, President-The American Association of Nurse Attorneys (TAANA)
- 2017, We are South, Unit Campaign Manager Baldwin County (100% participation)
- 2014-current editorial board, The Journal for Nurse Practitioners (TJNP)
- 2017, President Elect, TAANA
- 2016-current, Governor’s Task Force for A.G.’s Revision of State’s Protocol on Sexual Assault Response
- 2015-current, South Alabama representative for Alabama Chapter/International Association of Forensic Nursing (AL-IAFN)
- 2015-2017, University Senate, CMN Senator
- 2015-2017, University Faculty Benefits Committee, Faculty Senate
- 2017, Chair, Boston Convention, 35th Anniversary TAANA August 3-5th, 2017
- 2016-17, Awards Committee, TAANA, Dallas, TX, 34th Annual Conference
- 2016-18, Sponsor (CLEs), AL-IAFN Annual Convention, Gulf Shores, AL
- 2015, Outstanding Member, Education, TAANA (National Award), Philadelphia
- 2015-16, Treasurer, TAANA
- 2015-17, assistant to TJNP editor, for legal/policy manuscripts (Feb)
- 2015-currentTop 1% Reviewer, TJNP
- 2015, Coordinator, SANE-CE Baldwin Campus
- 2014-current, TAANA-Journal of Law and Nursing Task Force Leader
- 2014, Admission, Supreme Court of the United States, SCOTUS
- 2013-current, The American Association of Nurse Attorneys (T.A.A.N.A.), board of directors
- 2014-current, Conference Committee, TAANA
- 2012-2015, Baldwin County Sexual Assault Response Team (S.A.R.T.) steering committee
- 2012-2015, Baldwin County Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (S.A.N.E.) Coordinator
- 2012-2015, Legal Nurse Consultation Course, co-coordinator
- 2012, Victory Health Partners Community Partner, Faculty Senate Award
- 2011-2012, Steering Committee, Baldwin County Leadership
- 2010-2013, Associate Editor, Best Practices, Journal of Nursing Law
- 2010 Excellence in Advanced Nursing Practice, Sigma Theta Tau, Zeta Gamma Chapter
- 2010, Leadership Baldwin County Graduate
- 2007 The Migrant Clinicians’ Network and NCFH’s, Unsung Hero, Newport Beach, CA
- 2002, 2001, University of South Alabama College of Nursing, Invited Speaker. Convocation
- 2000, Alabama Latin-American Society (ALAS) – Founding Member
- 2000-2006, Alabama Latin-American Society (ALAS) - State Committee on Migrant Issues
- 2001 University of South Alabama College of Nursing, Faculty Service Award
- 2005-2000, Governor’s Task Force on Hispanic Issues
- 1998 Nomination for Mobile Citizen’s Service Award
- 1998 Sigma Theta Tau Zeta Gamma Chapter, Mentorship Award
- 1995 University of South Alabama College of Nursing, Award for Excellence in Clinical Practice 1994 Sigma Theta Tau AUM Chapter, Community Leadership Award
- 1993 Auburn University at Montgomery, Montgomery-Autauga Medical Auxiliary, Award for Nursing Excellence
- 1993 Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society Induction
- 1990 Leadership Award, University of Mississippi Geriatric Education and Training Network
- 1986 Literary Award, “The Cry of the Emergency Stretcher”, Emergency Nurses’ Association, (ENA) 10th Annual Symposium and Midmark, Honolulu