College of Nursing Faculty can use this page as a launching point to earn continuing education credits.
Online Course Sites for CE Credits
National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) Learning Extension - Online courses from NCSBN Learning Extension for real-life knowledge that empowers your day-to-day practice. The e-learning format allows you to learn from renowned nursing experts, as they guide you through the course material. The online courses are fee-based.
Videos are also included on the NCSBN site for free. Here are links to videos grouped for graduate and undergraduate faculty, and general.
- The Consensus Model for APRN Regulation - Full-Length Version. This full-length video describes the consensus model in-depth and shows the four different APRN roles in action.
- The Consensus Model for APRN Regulation - Short-Length Version. This short-length video version provides a succinct overview of the APRN Consensus Model.
- NCLEX Using CAT - Computer Adaptive Testing (CAT) is a method for administering exams that merges computer technology with modern measurement theory to increase the efficiency of the exam process. This video explains why CAT is used for NCLEX and how it works.
- Social Media Guidelines for Nurses - NCSBN has developed guidelines for nurses and nursing students for using social media responsibly. Key points of these guidelines are summarized, along with dramatization of potential scenarios of inappropriate social media use.
- Delegating Effectively Video - "Delegating Effectively" is designed to help nurses and nursing students review and learn how to master delegation skills.
Alabama Public Health Training Network (ALPHTN) - A division of the Alabama Department of Public Health. ALPHTN utilizes a variety of distance learning technologies to reach public and allied health employees throughout the state and the country.
Alabama Board of Nursing - Nurses licensed by examination in Alabama on or after October 1, 2002 must complete four contact hours of Board – provided continuing education related to Board functions, the Nurse Practice Act, regulations, Professional conduct, and accountability.
Educating Nurses - A Faculty Development subscription resource developed by Patricia Benner, RN, PhD, that includes many free videos and fee-based CE courses.
ATI Academy - ATI Academy is a comprehensive lineup of webinars designed to help you excel and expand your knowledge as nurse educator. ATI has been approved as an authorized continuing education provider.
AACN Faculty Development - AACN is pleased to announce our series of free Webinars exclusively for faculty teaching in baccalaureate and graduate nursing programs. These interactive sessions will include a presentation from a noted expert followed by a robust question and answer session.
Upcoming webinars offered by AACN
American Association of Nurse Practitioners Continuing Education - Developed by and for NPs, AANP’s comprehensive Continuing Education (CE) program provides NPs and NP students with knowledge, resources and educational experiences to optimize their professional performance and practice. In addition to our CE Center, AANP maintains listings of accredited CE programs and resources. With AANP CE, lifelong learning is just a click away.
American Psychiatric Nurses Association - APNA holds two national conferences each year, the CPI Conference in June and the Annual Conference in October. The association also tries to make available as many continuing education opportunities to its members as possible. This area of the site organizes these offerings into one place.
Nurse.com - Trusted by over 1 million nurses across America, Nurse.com is the most effective way to complete your continuing education requirements, and get the tools you need to thrive. 750+ CE courses (including free courses) featuring text, audio, video, webinars, and live seminars; Instant CE certificate; printable transcripts and certificates; Customer support by phone or e-mail, plus full access to archived resources
Conferences to Earn CEs
Campus Learning Opportunities
The Innovation in Learning Center promotes coordinated professional development initiatives and integrated instructional technologies for the traditional classroom, blended courses, and fully online learning environments.