Fall Commencement Weekend
College of Engineering Ceremony
Date: December 11th-12th Commencement Weekend
Mitchell Center, USA Campus (parking and map)
5950 Old Shell Rd. Mobile, AL 36688
Requirements for Graduation
- Apply for Graduation through PAWS - See Registrar's deadline schedule
- Late Graduation Application - Return to the Dean's Office
- Complete the Graduation/Order of the Engineering Participation Form
- Order Regalia
Are invitations required?
Invitations are not required.
Commencement Day Instructions for Candidates
- Students must arrive 1 hour prior to the start of the ceremony at 11:30 AM.
- Report to the John Counts Room in the Mitchell Center to be lined up.
- A photographer will be located in Room XXX to take headshots of your in your cap and gown. Be quick in taking your picture and return to the John Counts Room to be lined up.
- Students will be lined up alphabetically by name, major, and degree. At this time, you will receive a reader card. DO NOT LOSE IT. DO NOT REVISE IT. Revisions will not be read.
- At the appropriate time, student marshals will lead the student processional.
- Student marshals will direct you at the appropriate time to cross stage. You must bring your card with you.
- When your name is called proceed across the stage. You will shake your Dean's hand then continue across the stage to shake the Department Chair's hand. You will receive your diploma cover, Order of the Engineers certificate, and ring.
- A photographer will be located immediately after exiting the stage for individual cap and gown pictures.
- Return to your seat.
- At the end of the ceremony, you must promptly leave the Mitchell Center as there is another ceremony behind ours.
- Everyone is invited to attend a reception at Shelby Hall to celebrate with you and your family. Our photographer will be there taking pictures of you, your family and faculty as well. All of the pictures will be provided to you as soon I receive them. They will also be uploaded to our website.
Special Instructions for Doctoral Candidates
As the doctoral candidate processes to the stage, their major professor will follow. Both the student and their professor will move halfway between the podium and the Dean at which time the professor hoods the graduate. The student, followed by the major professor, will move forward and shake hands with the Dean, Program Chair of Systems Engineering, and the advisor/major professor. Then return to their seats.
Michael Dumas, MDIA, will be at the ceremony taking pictures as students cross stage and at the reception. An additional photographer will be available for cap and gown pictures following the ceremony. Location TBA.