Summer Engineering Academy (S.E.A.)
The University of South Alabama College of Engineering Summer Engineering Academy (SEA) is a great opportunity to discover all engineering fields and get hands-on engineering experience.
SEA is for any rising 10th and 11th grader. We will consider 9th and 12th graders if there is any space.
Highly motivated, inquisitive rising 10th and 11th graders are invited to a one week non-residential experience at Shelby Hall.
- June 22nd - 26th
- 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Friday, June 26th ends at 12:00 pm
- Registration Fee: $300.00/person (credit card online)
- Non-refundable unless not selected
- Lunch is provided
- Housing is not provided
- Exposure to electrical, civil, computer and mechanical engineering and their subdisciplines.
Exploration of engineering by hands on activities
Interactions with engineering students, faculty and professional engineers
Group and individual engineering
A taste of college life
- Spend a week exploring research and careers in engineering
Perform hands-on engineering projects
Learn how to stay organized with your engineering adventures.
Acquire programming skills that you can use in your adventures in science, technology, engineering, arts, and math.
Get to know the bare-bones of automation (microcontrollers, sensors, actuators) and apply it to build useful engineering systems
Required Documentation to be submitted with application:
- Application (fillable pdf)
- Copy of your current report card
- Recommendation Letter (preferably from a science or mathematics teacher)
- One-paragraph essay describing your personal and career interests
- Photo Release Form
- USA Insurance Form (coming soon)
Please email your entire application packet to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be notified if you are selected or not by June 12, 2020.
***Scholarships available to those that demonstrate need and meet the criteria. Please
be prepared to clearly explain the need for this assistance.
Scholarship will cover a portion of the registration fee. Please contact Nani Perez Uribe for more information at email@example.com