Health Informatics: Saving Lives With Technology
Posted on November 9, 2015 by
The Bachelor of Science in Health Informatics is an exciting new program that prepares you for an in-demand field with an excellent employment outlook and provides you with the tools to save lives with technology!
Some key opportunities as a Health Informaticist include:
Improving patient care and outcomes
- Working with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare providers to reduce medical errors and save lives
- The HITECH Act of 2009 provides financial incentives for physicians to adopt technology... but there aren't enough trained Health Informaticists to do it.
- Medical discoveries are no longer confined to the laboratory.
- Health Informaticists analyze large amounts of data to discover effective treatments as well as dangerous conditions.
Empowering patients to be involved in their own care
- Electronic personal health records, patient portals, and even text-based medication reminders...
- These are just some of the technologies that Health Informaticists use to put more information and tools into the hands of patients!
Sound like something you might be interested in pursuing? Check out these resources, and join USA's team today!
- HI Course Check Sheet
- HI Bachelor of Science Information
Find out more by contacting:
Dr. Matt Campbell
AATS Staff Spotlight: Bob CharleboisBob Charlebois joined University of South Alabama in August 2016 as th...
February 8, 2019
AATS Staff Spotlight: Ali BotsisMs. Ali Botsis is a pre-health advisor in Academic Advising & Tran...
August 24, 2018
AATS Staff Spotlight: Santina FrazerSantina Frazer is an academic advisor for Pathway USA in Academic Advi...
July 30, 2018
AATS Staff Spotlight: Whitney WashingtonMs. Whitney Washington is a first year advisor in Academic Advising &a...
July 9, 2018