Think study abroad won't work for you? Think again!
Posted on December 7, 2015 by
Most majors can study abroad while earning college credit towards your degree. Yes, even you, nursing and engineering majors! Study abroad is for everyone.
Study Abroad is the opportunity for USA students to spend time in a different country while earning credit towards your degree through taking classes, interning, volunteering, and more. Studying abroad can be one of the highlights of your university career, giving you wonderful and challenging experiences that will allow you to grow both academically and professionally.
- You don’t have to speak a different language! Programs all over the world are taught completely in English, so you don’t have to be a foreign language major to study abroad (although you definitely can be).
- We have programs that last from 2 weeks up to a full year, and every length in between! You can go for as long or as short as you like.
- OIE has over $100,000 for scholarships. Don’t let funding hold you back!
Study Abroad Highlighted Program Options:
- USA faculty led programs are where a group of USA students go abroad with a USA faculty member. ALL OF YOUR NORMAL SUMMER FINANCIAL AID & SCHOLARSHIPS CAN APPLY TO THESE PROGRAMS!
Benefits of Study Abroad:
- 97% of study abroad students found employment within 12 months of graduation, when only 49% of college graduated found employment in the same period.
- 84% of study abroad alumni felt their studies abroad helped them build valuable skills for the job market.
- 90% of study abroad alumni who applied got into their 1st or 2nd choice for grad school.
Hear from a USA Student
- “Study Abroad teaches you things that you will never learn within the four walls of a classroom. It will give you answers you will not find in the pages of a textbook. What you reap from the experience is invaluable and life changing.” - Jan Santos, Foreign Languages and Literature major
- Study Abroad Website: southalabama.edu/studyabroad
- Search for a Program: http://southalabama-ie.terradotta.com
- Location: Office of International Education- Study Abroad, Meisler Hall Suite 2300
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (251) 460-7053
Walk-In Advising Hours (no appointment needed!)
- Tuesday 9:00am-12:00pm
- Wednesday 9:00am-12:00pm
- Thursday 1:00pm-5:00pm
Start planning your study abroad experience today!
AATS Staff Spotlight: Bob CharleboisBob Charlebois joined University of South Alabama in August 2016 as th...
February 8, 2019
AATS Staff Spotlight: Ali BotsisMs. Ali Botsis is a pre-health advisor in Academic Advising & Transfer...
August 24, 2018
AATS Staff Spotlight: Santina FrazerSantina Frazer is an academic advisor for Pathway USA in Academic Advi...
July 30, 2018
AATS Staff Spotlight: Whitney WashingtonMs. Whitney Washington is a first year advisor in Academic Advising & ...
July 9, 2018