Additional Information and FAQs
Thursday, September 30
- 3-5 p.m. Check-In
- 5:30 – 7 p.m. Wall of Honor unveiling for new Lifetime members of the USA National Alumni Association | No charge to attend.
Friday, October 1
- 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Check-In
- 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Guided campus tours | No charge to attend.
- 9 - 11 a.m. Back to Class | No charge to attend. | $10 pp
- 10 – 10:45 a.m. Meet and Greet with Head Football Coach Kane Wommack | No charge to attend.
- 10:45 – 11:30 a.m. Hancock Whitney Stadium tour | No charge to attend.
- 11:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. USA Health Culinary Medicine Demonstration | $15 pp
- 1 – 2 p.m. Keynote speaker John Quiñones | No charge to attend.
- 2:30 – 4:30 p.m. Individual college/school events | No charge to attend.
- 5 – 7 p.m. Class of 2020 Recognition Ceremony | No charge to attend.
- 5:30 – 7 p.m. Golden Jaguars Reunion (Classes of 1967-1971) | $30 pp
- 6 – 8 p.m. USA Medical Alumni Association Social | No charge to attend.
- 7 – 9 p.m. All-Alumni Party at Moulton Tower | $45 pp
Saturday, October 2
- Time TBD - Alumni tailgate party at MacQueen Alumni Center | $25 adults, $12 children
- Time TBD - USA Jaguars vs. Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns football game | $15 pp
Sunday, October 3
- 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. Champagne Brunch at MacQueen Alumni Center | $50 pp
There is no charge to park on campus on Thursday, September 30, Friday, October 1 and Sunday, October 3. Visitor parking for most events will be located in the Mitchell Center parking lot.
There is a charge for parking on Saturday, October 2 (game day). Cost is $20 per vehicle and it is strongly encouraged to purchase passes prior to game day.
Take advantage of Early Bird pricing through August 31!
|Paid Event||Early Bird Price Through August 31st||Price beginning September 1|
|USA Health Culinary medicine demonstration
*Note: there is limited capacity of 20 attendees for this event.
|Golden Jaguars Dinner and Reunion (Classes of 1967-1971)||$25||$30|
|All-Alumni Party at Moulton Tower||$35||$45|
|Alumni Tailgate Party at the MAC||$20 adults $10 children||$25 adults $12 children|
- The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel and Spa* 26 North Royal Street Mobile, AL 36602
- Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel* 64 South Water Street Mobile, AL 36602
- The Admiral, a Wyndham Hotel* 251 Government Street Mobile, AL 36602 (251) 432-8000
*USA National Alumni Association members receive discounts at these hotels. Log into SouthConnects to book and receive discounts.
University Area/West Mobile
- Hampton Inn by Hilton (Providence Park) 525 Providence Park Drive East Mobile, AL 36695(251) 776-5866
- Hampton Inn Providence Park, 525 Providence Park Drive E Mobile, AL 36695, (251) 776-5866. This link will take you to the South Alabama Alumni Reunion Weekend page with the special rate of $119. Last day to receive this rate is September 15, 2021. If reserving room by phone, ask for the South Alabama Alumni Weekend Block or group code SAA.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham 3650 Airport Blvd. Mobile, AL 36608(251) 239-9300
- Wingate by Wyndham 516 Springhill Plaza Court Mobile, AL 36608 (251) 272-7240
On Campus Dining
The USA campus offers several dining options, including Chick Fil-A, Moe’s Southwestern Grill, Pizza Hut, Panda Express and Starbucks. Visit SouthAlabama.edu for a list of all on-campus dining locations and hours.
Close to Campus
- Click here for a list of restaurants close to the USA campus.
- Click here for a list of restaurants in West Mobile.
- Click here for a list of restaurants in Springhill.
- Click here for a list of restaurants in Midtown.
- Click here for a list of restaurants in downtown Mobile.
Whether you’re in Mobile or across the globe, you can stay connected to South Alabama. As a member of the Alumni Association, you’re always close to the Jaguar spirit. An Alumni Association membership is the best way to show your Jaguar pride and to maintain connections with your University. As a member of the South Alabama National Alumni Association, you'll enjoy a host of benefits, connection to your local chapter, invitations to South Alabama alumni events and more. Join today!
Unless otherwise announced, face masks are optional for students, employees and visitors while on USA academic campuses (main campus and Baldwin County campus) or while participating in USA-sponsored activities. The University may apply additional requirements for specific settings or events, and these requirements must be followed as announced. Those who are not fully vaccinated are encouraged to continue to follow CDC guidelines for face masks.
Visit www.southalabama.edu/coronavirus for the most up-to-date information.
Transportation around the University of South Alabama campus might be easier than you think. With JagTran’s wide variety of convenient routes, it’s less stressful than looking for that perfect parking space. Also, by not driving around, it’s better for the environment if you park and let us do the driving. Visit southalabama.edu/departments/jagtran for more information.
Your investment in USA makes a difference for current and future generations of University of South Alabama students. Learn how you can give back to the University you call home.
For questions about guests with special needs, please contact the Office of Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or (251) 460-7084.
The USA Police Department operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and provides full safety services to the University community, primarily the main campus. The administrative office for USAPD is open Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and is located in the Beta/Gamma Commons Building.
In an emergency that requires immediate help from police, fire fighters or medical technicians, call 911. You may also call the USA Police Dept. at (251) 460-6312 to report an emergency, crime or suspicious activity on campus.
During Alumni Reunion Weekend, a Lost and Found will be located at the MacQueen Alumni Center reception desk. Any found items can be returned to that location on Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m. – Noon and Sunday, 8 a.m. – Noon.
In the event of severe weather or other emergent situations affecting the University, and depending on the circumstances of the specific situation, information may be released through the following communications channels:
University Public Address System: In an emergency, outdoor speakers on the main campus may be activated and used to broadcast messages to the community.
USA Emergency Hotline: Updates will be posted to the emergency hotline at (251) 460-6999.
USA Website: Information about ongoing emergency and weather situations will be posted to the USA website homepage, with updates on campus schedules and closures. If the USA Alert system is activated, a banner will be posted at the top of all website pages.
Recycling is important to the University of South Alabama and to the mission of the Sustainability Committee. The University collects recyclables around campus several times each week and recycles approximately 80,000 pounds per month. Look for the blue recycle bins when disposing of plastic bottles and aluminum cans. If there is food waste in your recyclable trash, it will be rejected, so be sure to “chug it before you chunk it!”
The weather in Mobile can still be very hot and humid in early October. Several Alumni Reunion events are scheduled to take place outside, so please check the latest weather forecast, and dress accordingly.
Alumni are invited to utilize the Student Recreation Center at no charge throughout Alumni Reunion Weekend. Simply sign in at the front desk when you arrive. The 116,000 square-foot facility includes a cardio theater with treadmills, ellipticals, upright and recumbent exercise bikes, rowing machines and stair climbers; a weight room, plate-loaded machines, functional trainers, and free weights; an indoor track; indoor and outdoor heated pools; three multipurpose courts for basketball, volleyball, and badminton; four racquetball courts; an indoor soccer court and more. Visit SouthAlabama.edu for more information.
The University of South Alabama, including Hancock Whitney Stadium, is cashless. Only debit and credit cards will be accepted at concessions, food court, bookstore, game day store, game day parking, etc.
Free wireless internet is available throughout the USA campus. Simply connect to the “OPEN” network.
Being one of the oldest cities on the Gulf Coast, Mobile has always been able to offer visitors exciting, entertaining, and educational experiences year-round. Translated: There are tons of fun things to do anytime you visit our historic, coastal town! Visit www.mobile.org for more information.