Five Rivers Park
4891 Battleship Pkwy, Spanish Fort, AL 36527
Thomas Medical Center
27961 US-98 #21, Daphne, AL 36526
Springhill Medical Center
1102 De Soto Ave, Dauphin Island, AL 36528
Call for help
Paddle back to boat ramp
Do not paddle through severe weather, seek shelter.
Do not paddle through severe weather, seek shelter. Don’t forget to check the weather before you leave. Look For:
- winds higher than 6 mph
- ﬂash ﬂood warnings
- watch the radar prediction.
Do not interact with wildlife. Maintain a safe and respectful distance.
Remember Leave No Trace:
- Plan ahead and Prepare
- Camp and Travel on Durable Surfaces
- Dispose of Waste Properly
- Respect Others
- Respect Wildlife
- Minimize Campfire Impact
- Leave What You Find
- Keep your party close enough together to hear each other. Establish a communication system such as waving paddles or whistling.
- If crossing a channel: gather all members of the group in a straight line (perpendicular to the river); paddle quickly and directly across the channel. Always look both ways, listen for boat motors approaching. Always yield to larger vessels.
- Always use sun protection and hydrate.
- PFD must be on board.
- Packing List:
- Dry clothes/towel to keep in the car.
- Small cooler bag for lunches and drinks.
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses.
- Dry bag or ziploc bag.
- Consider bringing a paper map if you do not want to bring your phone.
Snack: peanut butter crackers or trail mix
Lunch: Buffalo Chicken Wraps
- Diced tomatoes
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Salt and Pepper