Reservations & Rentals
Stay active and host events or parties for your residence hall, Greek organization, student organization, campus department, friends or your kids* with the Department of Campus Recreation and Wellness. Please read through our rental policies below and fill out a request form to start the process.
Reserve (No Cost - Timed Reservations)
Reserve Student Recreation Center Classroom
Reserve Student Recreation Center Fitness Studio
- Current South Alabama students or members of the Student Recreation Center (SRC) may reserve the Classroom & Fitness Studio for no cost for up to 1 hour at a time.
- Registered Student Organizations (RSO) or departments wanting to reserve a fitness
studio for an event (longer than 1 hour) should fill out the Facility Reservation
Form found below.
- Non-student, non-member individuals wanted to attend an event hosted by the RSO should be noted on the Facility Reservation Form. For hourly reservations, non-student, non-member individuals must purchase the daily guest pass for $10 at the front desk via credit card only.
- The SRC does not provide space for group fitness events that are not led by staff of the Department of Campus Recreation & Wellness (DCR&W).
- The SRC does not provide space for groups for the purpose of practice for Intramural Sports. Recreational areas are first come, first serve.
- Use of Fitness Studio equipment may be subject to cost.
Facility Rentals for USA Sponsored Events
The following organizations/persons are eligible to rent space within the Department of Campus Recreation and Wellness:
- Currently enrolled South Alabama students
- Currently employed South Alabama faculty and staff members
- South Alabama RSOs
- University Academic or Administrative Departments
- Current members of the Student Recreation Center
Any non-USA person(s) or group(s) must secure a formal sponsorship from a RSO, Academic/Administrative Department, a currently enrolled student*, a current member of the Student Recreation Center*, or faculty/staff member*.*Note: Singularly sponsored rentals (Events not hosted by a RSO or Department) by a currently enrolled student, employed faculty/staff member, or current member of the Student Recreation Center will be evaluated by the Assistant Director for Facilities & Director of Campus Recreation and Wellness. They may be subject to cancellation.
Prior to Reservation:
- Please be mindful that all pricing is subject to change without notice, as determined by the Assistant Director for Facilities & Director of Campus Recreation and Wellness.
- Events that plan to have non-USA attendees should estimate the amount clearly and concisely for proper review.
- The individual making the reservation should be the primary point of contact for the event details.
- Please identify where billing and payment information is to be sent prior to the event.
Step 1: Fill out the form found here. Forms filled out less than 5 business days (Monday - Friday) in advance are subject to rejection by the facilities office.
Step 2: Requestor will receive an email confirming the request has been received. From this date, please allow 3 business days for processing.
Step 3: Event information will be forwarded to the requested area Coordinator, the Director of Campus Recreation and Wellness, USA Risk Management, & USA Campus Police for confirmation. Once received (cycle takes about 2 to 4 business days), event confirmation will be sent via email.
Step 4: Requestor will receive a second email confirming event approval, presenting final pricing, and reviewing any additional details for the area requested.
Step 5: Payment is due 48 hours prior to the event. Any payments not received within that window may result in event cancellation.