The Whistleblower Hotline is a tool where the University community can, in good faith, report misconduct, fraud, waste or abuse of University resources. For more information on Whistleblower's rights, visit these sites:
- Alabama Code sections 36-26A-1 through 7 State Employee Protection (Whistleblowers) (See Useful Links)
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) - Whistleblower Protection (See Useful Links)
- USA's Whistleblower and Non-Retaliation Policy (See Whistleblower Policy Link in left navigation)
What to Report?
You can report any suspected offenses of fraud, theft, waste, abuse or violations of University policies and/or State or Federal laws via the University of South Alabama Whistleblower Hotline which is hosted by a third party hotline provider, EthicsPoint.
Reportable offenses also include:
- Unethical Reporting of Information and/or Financial Transactions
- Payroll Fraud or Time Sheet Abuse
- Contract or Procurement Violations
- Misuse of Donor Funds
- Funded Grant Violations
- Kickbacks or Bribes
- Conflicts of Interest
- Ethics Violations
- Inappropriate Use of Technology
- Endangerment to Public Health or Safety
- Research Misconduct or Medical Ethics Violations
- Inappropriate Use of Intellectual Property
- Athletic Misconduct— e.g. gambling, improper gifts, recruiting misconduct, scholarship or financial aid misconduct
To report a concern please click here or call 1-844-666-3599.
When to Report?
As soon as you believe misconduct has occurred.
Can I Submit an Anonymous Complaint?
The information you provide will be sent to us by EthicsPoint on a totally confidential and anonymous basis if you should choose. You have our guarantee that your comments will be heard.