Growing with Canvas
USAonline Fundamentals is USA’s basic, five-part certification program that represents the minimum competencies required for using USAonline effectively for courses and collaborative projects. The five parts cover the following topics:
- Planting: Getting Around in USAonline Canvas/Communication Tools/Calendar
- Nurturing: Customizing and Designing your Course/Files/Syllabus/ RCE
- Spouting: Creating assignments, discussions, pages, quizzes
- Flowering: Gradebook, Grade Weights, SpeedGrader
- Harvesting: Groups and Collaboration, Copying and Sharing Courses
Additional Tools to consider incorporating into your Canvas Course
LMS Certification Requirements
All full-time/part-time faculty are required to be certified in all five parts of USAonline Fundamentals. The University Policy for LMS Certification of Faculty Members is located on the Academic Affairs web site.
Ways to Obtain Training
- on-campus training workshops (currently not offered due to COVID-19)
- online training modules (must be completed the by the end of the month enrolled)
Information about each of the two options to
earn certification is detailed below.
View our list of workshops here to register for an upcoming workshop!
USAonline Fundamentals is available online! You can receive certification for all five parts through our online certification program. Each module is designed to take about one hour.
To register for USAonline Fundamentals Online, click here. You will receive an email within two business days informing you how to access the course.