Strategic Planning Cycle
Board of Trustees and Board of Trustees Long Range Planning Committee;
The University Committee on Planning, Assessment and Finance (UCPAF), which is a large committee with representatives from all USA divisions, the Board of Trustees, faculty, students, alumni, and the community;
The University Assessment Advisory Committee (UAAC), which is a small committee of university representatives from USA’s academic, administrative, and health system divisions.
- Collecting, aggregating, and reporting assessment data from all academic and administrative units on progress towards USA’s strategic goals and objectives;
- Disseminating assessment data to the UAAC, the President, and other stakeholders;
- Soliciting feedback and recommendations for changes to the strategic plan;
- Presenting assessment data and recommendations from the UAAC, the President, and other stakeholders to the UCPAF for its consideration;
- After an annual review of the data, the UCPAF may make revisions to the strategic plan and submit revisions to the Board of Trustees Long Range Planning Committee and then the full Board for approval;
- As appropriate, changes in the strategic plan and/or University priorities are reflected in the subsequent budget cycle.
For more information about USA’s Strategic Plan (2014-2017), the planning process, or assessment of the strategic plan, please contact the Office of Institutional Effectiveness.
Development of 2017-2020 Strategic Plan
The University of South Alabama's 2016-2020 Strategic Plan (link to plan) was developed during the summer and fall of 2015 using a robust process that engaged faculty, staff, and students from the University community, the USA Health System community, and community members who gave of their time to offer us valuable feedback about the University's five priorities. In addition to town halls during which there was open discussion in large and small groups, we also collected feedback via survey and included feedback received via email.
In the spring of 2016, The University of South Alabama developed a scorecard, to make clear connections between the plan and the outcomes it wishes to have.