We look forward to seeing you soon at orientation! Make sure to take the following steps before arriving on campus to ensure your orientation is as smooth as possible. If you have any questions while completing this checklist, don't hesitate to contact us!
Considering living on campus? Once you've been admitted to South, you'll use your Jag number and JagMail password to login to My USAHousing and begin your housing contract. Those who complete their contract early will have the largest selection of campus housing locations and types.
- ROOM ASSIGNMENTS: Those who complete their contract by March 1 will be eligible to self-select their residence hall and room through the 'Room Selection' process (conducted in My USAHousing), based on availability. Those who complete their contract after March 1 will be assigned by USA Housing.
- ROOMMATES: Students have the option of selecting their roommate(s) or receiving a random roommate. If you would like to find a roommate, there are a number of ways to do it; social media, during an on campus visit, or by using the USA Housing roommate search program. The program is inside the My USAHousing portal, as part of your housing contract. All students will fill out a roommate profile and questionnaire as part of their housing application, even if the student does not plan to use the Roommate Search function. Then it is up to the student (participation is optional) to reach out to others through the Roommate Matching process once it opens.
- More information about the application process can be found on USA Housing's Getting Started page. But you can find more information specific to the roommate matching process on USA Housing's ‘Roommates’ page, including Key Roommate Deadlines and answers to several FAQs. QUESTIONS? Contact USA Housing at (251) 341-4663 (press option "0"/M-F, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM) or send them an email (email@example.com).
The University of South Alabama is committed to creating a welcoming and safe campus environment for everyone and we need your help. The University requires incoming students to complete an online module in Sexual Assault Training. The purpose of this training is to provide students with information regarding prevention and reporting of sexual assault. This training is mandatory for all new students, including freshman, graduate, professional, online and transfer students. Your participation will ensure we are working together to make the USA campus a safe environment for everyone.
You are required to complete this training before you arrive for Orientation. You should receive an email to your JagMail with instructions on how to access and complete the training, or you can access it directly here.
Please take the time to sign on and complete the training as soon as possible. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are two ways to submit your student ID picture:
1. You can submit your student ID picture on-line prior to attending your orientation session (recommended).
2. You can take your student ID picture when you arrive on campus for your orientation session.
Students will be permitted to enroll in mathematics classes based on a pre-requisite course, Math ACT score, Math SAT score, or the mathematics placement test. Please read the course placement information.
Any student admitted to USA with an ACT or SAT score and wishes to be placed into a higher math may complete the math placement exam.