What is Degree Works?
Degree Works is the University's web-based degree audit tool that facilitates real-time monitoring of student's academic progress toward degree completion. Degree Works is available to new students who enter USA and current students with catalog year 2012-2013 forward. Degree Works combines USA's degree requirements and students' completed coursework in an easy-to-read color-coded checklist format that helps you see how completed courses count towards the declared program of study. Degree Works also clearly displays what requirements are still outstanding to help students finish their degree requirements on time.
Since there are often multiple ways of completing the same program, students and their advisors will be able to see what the options are, as well as suggest and validate the "what if" scenarios. This will help students choose the path that's right for them and still complete the required elements of their program. Degree Works allows you to see a student's degree program and how coursework is currently being applied. It also allows you to check degree progress, work with the student to plan future courses, and review course history. Degree Works also allows you to run "what if" scenarios to see how changing a student's current academic program (adding/deleting/changing majors, minors, etc.) will affect degree progress. Other tools include an educational planner, GPA calculators, and much more.
Benefits of Degree Works for USA
- Supports real-time delivery of degree completion information through intuitive web self-service interfaces
- Allows advisors to search for students by various criteria such as college, degree, major, classification, etc. to view degree progress
- Provides the ability for authorized personnel to make degree requirement substitutions electronically
- Online environment reduces paperwork and manual degree checklists
- Increases productivity between academic departments across campus
Important Note: Degree Works is designed to aid and facilitate academic advising, but is not intended to replace face-to-face advising sessions, the Undergraduate or Graduate Bulletin, or the Office of the Registrar. Degree Works is neither an official academic transcript nor an official notification of completion of degree requirements.