Transfer Assistance Home

Catch the jaguar spirit by transferring to USA! With our highly qualified faculty and over 100 majors to choose from, transferring to USA is a great choice for you.  Feel free to email with questions regarding transferring courses to USA. 

  • Overview

The University of South Alabama transfer credit policy is designed to facilitate the transfer of students and their coursework from one college or university to another, assure the maximum utilization of work accomplished at another institution, and encourage students to advance toward graduation in four years.

  • General Transfer Credit Policy

The University of South Alabama accepts transfer work from post-secondary institutions that are fully accredited by regional accrediting agencies. Incoming transfer coursework will be evaluated against the University of South Alabama bulletin in effect for the semester and year in which the student enrolls at the University. A University of South Alabama equivalent course, disciplinary elective or general elective will be assigned based on comparability of the course content.   

  • Evaluation and Application of Transfer Credit

Students may view (see Quick Links) the Advising Guides, Area V requirements, STARS and Transfer Equivalency Tables for general knowledge of transfer credit accepted by the University. Transfer credit will be applied as appropriate to a student's degree program in the Degree Works audit system. The authority to apply transferred credit toward degree requirements rests with the student’s college of enrollment. USA will not accept transfer credits earned at other institutions during a period of time in which a student is on a mandatory academic suspension or dismissal as outlined in the undergraduate academic standing policy.

  • Check the Status of Transfer Credit Evaluation

Please make sure the Admissions Office has received transcripts from all institutions previously attended prior to Transfer Orientation and Advising. It is recommended that students also bring copies of their unofficial transcripts so that advisors may assist students with registration. 

An official evaluation of transfer credit will be completed once USA receives all final official documents and students can view transferred credit within 5 -7 business days via the unofficial transcript on PAWs.  

Students may earn alternative college credit from AP, CLEP, Military Service, IB, GCE/A-Level Exams, Cambridge International Exams and Credit by Examination. Additionally, students who score a minimum ACT English score of 27 or SAT verbal score of 550 will be exempt from taking English 101. Official scores should be mailed to the Office of Admissions for exemption to be granted. In some major programs, the hours must be replaced with another course.