USA Student Transient Policy

A student enrolled in the University of South Alabama is not permitted to take credit work as a transient student at another institution to be applied toward a degree without prior permission from the dean of their respective college. The permission must be in writing, specifying which courses are acceptable and their equivalents at the University of South Alabama.

Please check with your academic advisor on any limitations applicable to transfer credit. Academic Advisors will complete a Transient Credit Approval Form and a copy of this permission must be filed with the University Registrar.  Note that the grades from transient coursework are not reflected in the USA GPA terms.

Students must request that an Official Transcript be sent from the transient institution to USA upon completion of the approved course.


For college specific information, please see the following resources: