Maria Audi Kiskowski Byrne
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
University of South Alabama
Phone: (251) 460 – 7256
Office: ILB 424
Link: Google Scholar Page
1. Kiskowski, M.A, T. Glimm, N. Moreno, T. Gamble, Y. Chiari, 2018 May. ‘Isolating and Quantifying the Role of Developmental Noise in Generating Phenotypic Variation’, bioRxiv 334961.
2. Chowell, G. and M.A. Kiskowski, Modeling Ring-Vaccination Strategies to Control Ebola Virus Disease Epidemics, in Mathematical and Statistical Modeling for Emerging and Re-emerging Infectious Diseases, Springer International Publishing, 71-78.
3. Chowell, G. and M.A. Kiskowski, Modeling Ring-Vaccination Strategies to Control Ebola Virus Disease Epidemics, in Mathematical and Statistical Modeling for Emerging and Re-emerging Infectious Diseases, Springer International Publishing, 71-78.
4. Kiskowski, M.A. and G. Chowell, 2015 Aug. Modeling household and community transmission of Ebola virus disease: epidemic growth, spatial dynamics and insights for epidemic control. Virulence, 20 1-11.
5. Kiskowski, M.A. 2014. A Three-Scale Network Model for the Early Growth Dynamics of the 2014 West Africa Ebola Epidemic. PLOS Currents Outbreaks. Nov 13 doi: 10.1371/currents.
6. Mathiasen, S., Christensen,S.M., Fung, J.J, Rasmussen, S.G.F, Fay, J.F., Joergensen, S.K., Veshaguri, S., Farrens, D.L., Kiskowski, M.A., Kobilka, B., and D. Stamou, 2014. Nanoscale high-content analysis using compositional heterogeneities of single proteoliposomes. Nature Methods, 11 931—934.
7. Kiskowski, M.A., R. Jackson 2nd, R., J. Banerjee, M. Kang, O. Franco, S. Hayward, and N. Bhowmick, 2011. Role for Stromal Heterogeneity in Prostate Tumorigenesis, Cancer Research, 71 3459-70.
8. Kiskowski, M.A., and A. Kenworthy, 2009. On the use of Ripley’s K function and its derivatives to analyze domain size, Biophysical Journal, doi:10.1016/j.bpj.2009.05.039.
9. Yin, C., M.A. Kiskowski, P. Pouille, E. Farge and L. Solnica-Krezel, 2008. Cooperation of polarized cell intercalations drives convergence and extension of presomitic mesoderm during zebrafish gastrulation, Journal of Cell Biology, 180 221-32.
10. Kiskowski, M.A., and A. Kenworthy, 2007. In silico characterization of resonance energy transfer for disk-shaped domains, Biophysical Journal, 92 3040-3051.
11. Sepich, D., C. Calmelet, M.A. Kiskowski, and L. Solnica-Krezel, 2005. Initiation of Convergence and Extension Movements of Lateral Mesoderm during Zebrafish Gastrulation, Developmental Dynamics 234 279-292.
12. Kiskowski, M.A., Y. Jiang, and M. Alber, 2005. Role of streams in myxobacteria aggregate formation, Phys. Biol. 1 173-183.
13. Alber, M.S., M.A. Kiskowski, Y. Jiang and S.A. Newman, 2004. Biological Lattice Gas Models, in Dynamics and Bifurcation of Patterns in Dissipative Systems, G. Dangelmayr and I. Oprea (eds.), World Scientific Series on Nonlinear Science, Vol. 12, World Scientific, Singapore, 274-291.
14. Kiskowski, M.A., M.S. Alber, G.L. Thomas, J.A. Glazier, N.B. Bronstein, and S.A. Newman, 2004. Interplay between activator-inhibitor couple and cell-matrix adhesion in a cellular automaton model for chondrogenic patterning, Developmental Biology 271 372-387.
15. Alber, M.S., Y. Jiang, and M.A. Kiskowski, 2004. Lattice gas cellular automata model for rippling and aggregation in myxobacteria, Physica D 191 343-358.
16. Alber, M.S., Y. Jiang and M.A. Kiskowski, 2004. Two-stage Aggregate Formation via Streams in Myxobacteria, Physical Review Letters 93.068102.
17. Alber, M.S., M.A. Kiskowski, J.A. Glazier and Y. Jiang. On cellular automation approaches to modeling biological cells, Mathematical Systems Theory in Biology, Communication, and Finance, J. Rosenthal and D.S. Gilliam, editors. (IMA 142, Springer-Verlag, New York, 2002) .
18. Alber, M.S. and M.A. Kiskowski, 2001. On aggregation in CA models in biology. Symmetries and integrability of difference equations, J. Phys. A: Math. Gen. 34:10707-10714.
Book Chapters and Invited Papers
19. Glimm, T., Headon, D. and Kiskowski, M.A., 2012. Computational and mathematical models of chondrogenesis in vertebrate limbs, Birth Defects Research. Part C, Embryo Today, 96(2): 176-192.
20. Kiskowski, M.A., and A. Kenworthy, 2007. Applications of FRET microscopy and FRET simulations to probe membrane microdomain structure and assembly, Microscopy and Microanalysis 13 288-289.
Manuscripts Submitted, In Preparation
21. Kiskowski, M.A. and J.W. McCreadie. Cost-benefit fitness model of resource-dependent mutualism of the black fly Simulidae, in preparation.
Last updated May 2018.