University of South Alabama
Home Index Search Directories Faq
College of Allied Health Area V Required Courses
Transfer Articulation
  We appreciate your interest in the University of South Alabama (USA). USA is dedicated to making the transfer transition as easy as possible. As required by state law, USA will take your coursework as outlined on the AGSC Transfer Guide and graduate you with the same number of hours as our native students in the same major (assuming you do not change majors). If you have printed out an AGSC Approved Transfer guide for Speech and Hearing Sciences, we would strongly recommend that you print this page and use it along with your AGSC guide. Our Colleges/Departments have chosen those courses which would best fit into USA's existing General Studies Program. To minimize transfer problems and best prepare you to finish your program in the minimum hours required, you should take courses as outlined below. Thanks again for choosing the University of South Alabama.  
Speech and hearing Sciences
Area V Professional Studies
Required Courses
  The following courses are required for the degree in Speech and Hearing Sciences at the University of South Alabama. These courses are in addition to the courses listed on the STARS guide that you accessed. These courses fulfill degree requirements in Area V of the Alabama General Studies Core Curriculum and may be taken at your community college.  
  Please print these pages. Fill in your name, signature, and today's date. Attach these pages to your STARS articulation guide.  
Name (print): Last:
Signature:   ________________________________________________________
  Remember that although more than 64 semester hours may be taught at the freshman/ sophomore level and thus listed as possibilities on the STARS guides and this Area V page, you MAY NOT transfer more than 64 semester hours from a junior or community college. You should take no more than 64 semester hours at the two-year institution.  
  When you have finished reviewing these Area V requirements, please visit the University of South Alabama Undergraduate Admissions Page for more information about transferring to USA and applying to the University.  
   Note the courses below satisfy the requirement for Area V electives mentioned in the Stars Guide.  
Anatomy and Physiology  
CLS 114     BIO 201    
-and-       -and-      
CLS 115     BIO 202    
ST 210     MTH 265    
-or-       -or-      
BUS 245     BUS 271    
PH 104       PHY 120    
(Note a maximum of 64 hours may be transferred to USA)  

  If a student chooses the History Sequence in Area IV of STARS, we suggest that they take a foreign language as their Humanities Elective. We also recommend PHY 120 (Intro to Physics) as the lab science elective and ANT 200 or 220 and SOC 200 as the social science elective.  
  Questions regarding degree/graduation requirements and the applicability of transfer credit toward satisfaction of degree requirements should be directed to the Allied Health Academic Advising Office, Health Sciences Bldg. - HAHN 3028, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL 36688-0002 (251-445-9260).  
  Questions regarding transfer admission and transfer credit evaluation should be directed to the Office of Admissions, Meisler Hall Suite 2500, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL 36688-0002 (251) 460-6141 or (800) 872-5247.  
  For more information regarding the degree in Speech and Hearing Sciences at the University of South Alabama, please consult the USA Bulletin.  
E-mail suggestions and comments to: Heather Nix

University of South Alabama - Mobile Alabama 36688-0002 / 1 (251) 460-6141
For questions or comments Contact Us
Date last changed: April 12, 2013 8:46 AM

University of South Alabama University of South Alabama text only