Office of the Registrar
University of South Alabama will offer May Term classes again this summer. The term will run from May 8th to May 26th. Registration for the May term will open with summer registration. Because of the length of the term, students will be limited to 4 credit hours in May. Students who qualify for financial aid for May term will be disbursed at the regular start of Summer term on May 30, 2017.
Please see the financial dates and deadlines for May term http://www.southalabama.edu/departments/financialaffairs/studentaccounting/financialcalendar.html#may
The Office of the Registrar exists to support the University community by providing information and services to facilitate and promote the educational mission of the University. This role specifically includes providing information about and services related to academic programs and degree requirements, registration and enrollment verification, and maintenance of permanent academic records for students, faculty, staff and external constituencies in a timely, accurate, confidential and supportive manner in accordance with University policy, state and federal law.
- To render exemplary service to the university community by providing professional, efficient and courteous services to all constituencies.
- To support the academic mission of the University by fairly and consistently administering institutional administrative and academic policy and by open communication and collaboration with faculty, staff and students of the University of South Alabama.
- To ensure a well-coordinated registration process through state-of-the-art electronic means and in-person processes.
- To provide services related to transcripts, enrollment, the schedule of classes, residency, NCAA certification, degree audit, and graduation, etc.
- To maintain and preserve the integrity of the data resident in the student module of the University's administrative system and all other non-electronic sources.
- To serve faculty, students, alumni, parents, staff and members of the general public within the parameters established by state and federal law.