- Ph.D., Geography, Texas State University-San Marcos, TX, 2007
- M.S., Geography, Southwest Texas State University, San Marcos, TX, 2003
- B.S., Earth Sciences, Montana State University-Bozeman, MT, 2001
- Sawyer, Carol F., Donald Brinkman, Vincent D. Walker, Tyler D. Covington, Elizabeth A. Stienstraw. In press. The Zoogeomorphic Characteristics of Burrows and Burrowing by the Nine-banded Armadillo (Dasypus novemcinctus). Geomorphology, forthcoming.
- Sawyer, Carol F. In Press. Classics Revisited: Washburn’s Classification of Patterned Ground and Review of Suggested Origins. Geological Society of America Bulletin 67, 823-865 (1956). Progress in Physical Geography, forthcoming.
- Butler, David R. and Carol F. Sawyer. 2008. Dendrogeomorphology and High Magnitude Snow Avalanches: A Review and Case Study. Natural Hazards and Earth System Sciences, in press.
- Butler, David R., George P. Malanson, Lynn M. Resler, Stephen J. Walsh, Forrest D. Wilkerson, Ginger L. Schmid, and Carol F. Sawyer. In Press. Geomorphic Patterns and Processes at Alpine Treeline. In: The Changing Treeline of Glacier National Park, Montana, U.S.A., Elsevier, in press.
- Sawyer, Carol F. and David R. Butler. 2006. The Use of Historical Picture Postcards as Photographic Sources for Examining Environmental Change: Promises and Problems. Geocarto International, 21 (3): 73-80.