- War and Recovery: Crimea, 1853-1863 (manuscript in progress)
- Russian Ottoman Borderlands: the Eastern Question Reconsidered, co-edited volume with Lucien Frary (Madison: University of Wisconsin Press, August 2014).
- Christianizing Crimea: Shaping Sacred Space in the Russian Empire and Beyond (DeKalb, IL: Northern Illinois University Press, 2010).
- Selective Remembrances: Archaeology in the Construction, Commemoration and Consecration of National Pasts, co-edited with Phil Kohl and Nachman ben Yahuda (Chicago: Chicago University Press: 2008).
- “Casualties of Conflict: Crimean Tatars during the Crimean War,” Slavic Review 67.4 (2008): 862-891.
- “Ruins into Relics: The Monument to St. Vladimir on the excavations of Chersonesos, 1827-1857,” Russian Review 63.4 (2004): 655–672.
Download CV Here